Clowning Around

A few weeks had passed since the kiss, and it's been on Sam and Kate's minds the entire time. Since the gang was currently taking a break from hunting to catch their breath, they decided to stay in the current town and go to -

"The carnival? Dean Winchester actually wants to go have fun?" Kate jabbed as she tossed her bag, then her body onto the bed. The latest hunt had been exhausting! So much so that Kate didn't feel like moving for the next century.

"Hey! I'm a fun guy!" the man protested, crossing his arms and puffing out his chest.

As Kate went to speak, Sam laughed and sat next to her, leaning forward, "Since when, Dean? When was the last time we went to something like a carnival? Because I can't think of anything for the past few years, actually." He grinned, glancing over at Kate who was obviously enjoying the moment.

Dean pouted at the two and how they were picking on him. He was a fun guy! He was! "Well, if you don't want to go, I'll just take Layla and make it a date," he grumbled, walking to the door then freezing in his steps. Daring to look at the pair on the bed, Dean watched as two people were staring right back at him, a smirk on their face. "You guys knew already, didn't you?" Dean sighed, rolling his eyes as Kate wiggled her eyebrows at him. "I don't want a word out of you, Kate. And don't tell Layla you know!" he commanded. Kate pretended to zip her mouth and throw away the key. Dean sighed in defeat, again, and walked out to the car, waiting for the others so they could leave.

"So... it's a date then?" Sam turned to Kate, rubbing his neck. He fidgeted, shifted his weight.

"It's a date then," Kate confirmed. They both left the room and got in the back seat of the Impala, Dean driving off the moment the doors shut.

The silence lasted four minutes.

But it Kate's defense that was a record, and she couldn't hold it in.

"You know Sam? I think hunter-vampire babies are gonna be pretty badass, wouldn't you say?" Kate smirked, glancing to the front seat as Layla whirled around to glare at the princess, annoyance clearly written on her face.

"You know?" she demanded. Layla turned her glare from Kate to Sam, and then rested her gaze on Dean.

"Don't look at me!" Dean yelped. "They already knew!"

"Yup! And I can't wait to give y'all a hard time later," Kate grinned. Layla and Dean knew they were in it for the long run. Sam just sat back and said nothing, a traitorous move in everyone's mind, yet all for different reasons.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Come on, Sam! You can do it!" Kate cheered, throwing her fist in the air.

They were at one of those cork gun games, but instead of shooting prizes and knocking them off, a person had to shoot moving point targets. With enough points, anyone could get something off the very high top shelf of prizes. So with Sam's giftedness with guns, the game was a breeze. With one last shot at the target, Sam finally managed to reach the score he needed.

"You wanted the slinky, right?" he asked, setting the toy gun down in front of the slack-jawed, yet impressed, vendor.

"Yup! Gimme gimme," Kate cackled, practically ripping the slinky from the vendor's hands.

"Why did you want this, again? Dean's normally the one obsessed with slinkies." Sam smiled down at the woman as they walked, Kate protectively holding the huge slinky to her chest.

The street was fairly crowded but getting through was easy. Obviously they must've come on a busy day, as it was a weekend, which just made things more fun. In Kate's opinion anyway.