Marvelous: Part 1

"Nat, you need to kick higher if you're ever going to decapitate a man," Katy lectured the redhead assassin.

Clint was taking a break on the bench and chuckling at the women. During the past year in this fictional universe, Katy had begun to settle down in New York and work with SHIELD until Kate called her back.

"You're kidding, right?" Natasha was panting at this point. For a kid, she had some stamina, along with a higher rank than herself, for some strange reason. "Ya know, you've barely worked with Clint this whole day. I think we should switch for a little." Natasha smirked at her friend on the bench who quickly lost his own smirk.

Katy chuckled at the comment, glancing to Clint who seemed like he was trying to plan an escape. "Okay okay. Just one more kick try, then you're done for the day," Katy crossed her arms and took a step back, allowing the assassin the room she needed.

Natasha took a breath, trying not to groan as she prepared herself. That would be like showing weakness, besides, it was her last try. One last kick was all she needed to do. When she did, she kicked the head of the dummy off and across the room, a smile on her face when she saw what she had done. "Holy shit, I didn't know I could do that!" Natasha exclaimed as Clint's jaw dropped.

"The perks even a little bit of super-soldier serum. See you tomorrow." With the praise and dismissal, Natasha set off in high spirits. "Okay, Clint. It's your tu-" when Katy turned, she barely glimpsed the figure of a man running out of the room. She sighed, seemingly teleporting in front of Clint with her arms crossed. "Hey Clinty."

The man staggered backwards, mumbling curse words and then smiling at Katy once he got his balance back again "I uh, was going to get a snack! Want anything?"

"Sure you were." Katy grinned and patted his back before leading him back into the training room, "It's not that bad, Clint! You only have like-" She looked down to her watch, noticing the date before the time. She hesitated to finish her sentence, obviously she was thinking about something. "Actually, I gotta go. You're done for the day," Katy said before rushing out of the room, leaving Clint no time to ask questions.

"Fury I-"

"God dammit Katy! How many times have I told you not to do your little teleporting thing directly into my office?" The man groaned, a hand on his chest as he calmed himself. He glared at the being in front of him.

Katy chuckled, slightly surprised she actually scared him. "I think this is the first time actually. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know I'll be gone for a few months. Page me if you need me earlier than my return date."

"Months? When will you be back?"

Katy just smiled as she stood in the doorway, already halfway out. "When you need me." Then she was gone and off to her apartment. A spring was in her step as she made her way home, it was almost time. Before she even reached the building, her expected phone call came, bringing a small smile to her face as she answered, "Your Majesty! Good to hear from you."

Kate grinned on the other end of the phone, having missed the woman's personality over this past year, "Hi Katy. I wanted to call and apologize for what happened last ti-"

"No need for that, Kate. You were understandably upset."

"So you're gonna come back?" She seemed excited and hopeful, mainly because she had a job for the "young" girl. But it was mostly because she was missing her friend, and over the time that had passed she'd forgiven Katy. It was at that moment Katy appeared in front of Kate who was working at her desk in the castle like she normally did.

Katy chuckled at the look on her friend's face as she put her phone away, sighing with delight. "Of course. I'd never leave you for good. Oh! And congrats on the family."