Chapter 13

Chapter 13

A waitress approached us and refilled my wineglass. I smiled at her gratefully and sipped on the amber liquid, as my sleepy eyes gazed at the cards on the table.

"Twenty-eight." The female dealer announced in a no-nonsense voice, placing the bet on the slot before drawing another set of cards.

May lumapit kay Philodemus na lalaki. Despite the game, he crouched and whispered on his ears.

"Phil, Callix and Halsey are already caught. They're on their way to the jail now."

Muntik ko nang maibuga ang iniinom ko sa narinig. Philodemus, with his eyes still fixed on the cards, nodded his head.

Lumapat ang kamay ko sa braso ni Philodemus at marahan iyong pinisil. Umalis na rin ang lalaki.

"Anong ibig niyang sabihin? Callix and Halsey...?"

"Are drug dealers and drug users." He answered simply. "Halsey offered me the cocaine when we were in Thailand. I confronted her and asked who the hell is her dealer but she wouldn't admit. So I set myself up and went to jail. The incident sent her to fits of panic. She was scared she'll get caught too and she immediately contacted Callix right away. We traced it, and found the rest of the drugs in Callix's apartment. Then they got caught."

A devilish smirk grew on his lips as he nodded for a hit and everyone in the table groaned out loud.

"Looks like I won." He said meaningfully, drawing the glass of wine to his lips and then glancing at me with his sharp eyes.

Pendelton laughed out loud. Naiiling niyang inilapag ang cards at tiningnan si Philodemus.

"Your plan worked. I'm impressed."

"That," he raised his glass a bit. "is a warning not to mess with my woman again."

For a few stunned moments, I watched him in fascination. How could a man like him be so good in everything he does? From his music, to gambling, to pleasuring a woman, and now even framing up a drug user.

My heart rumbled and a surge of pride hit my chest. He is just so good that sometimes I think I don't deserve him. I'm just an average-paid actress with some awards, and with no home of my own. With his shrewd, sharp brain, he is as dangerous as he looks.

My heart fluttered. Philodemus justified his name by having such a great mind.

"Another round." Giit ng isa nilang kasama sa table. The female dealer chuckled at the desperation in his voice. "Isa pa! Matatalo din kita, Philo..."

"Sorry, Hal." Gumapang ang kaniyang kamay sa aking beywang. He pulled me closer for a kiss on the tip of my nose before he turned to them again. "My woman's tired. I should get her to bed."

"Damn you boy." Inubos nung Hal ang laman ng kaniyang baso at pinagmasdan kaming dalawa. He scowled.

"Better luck next time, pal." Philodemus chuckled roughly before pulling me up with him.

"We're going home?" gulat kong tanong sa kaniya. "The party is yet to start."

"Ilang beses na kitang nahuling humihikab kanina. Is the game boring you?"

A soft chuckle escaped from my throat when he breathed on my neck and planted a soft kiss. We received a few interested glances from the guests. Itinulak ko nang bahagya ang mukha niya. Hindi ako makapagconcentrate sa isasagot sa simpleng tanong na iyon if he keeps on touching me.