Chapter 17

Chapter 17

"What the heck? She left the kids with me for five damn years and now she wants them back because she feels like being a mother to them?" anger flared in Thyron's eyes as he paced back and forth.

"Thyron, calm down." Mahinahong wika ni Tita Sidra.

"How can I calm down when Kenna wants a custody battle?" halos mamula na ang mukha niya. Blade stared at his brother and then sighed before taking a sip of his brandy.

"Then we will fight her."

Imbes na pumasok ay napatigil ako. Humigpit ang hawak ko kay Freuss. She glanced up at me with her innocent eyes.

Bago pa man makapagmura ulit si Thyron ay mabilis ko nang iginiya palayo ang bata. Nagtataka akong tiningnan ni Freuss.

"Tita... Daddy's that way..." nakanguso pa niyang wika.

"We'll go to Daddy later on. Uh..." nagpalinga-linga ako upang humanap ng rason para sa kaniya. "What do you want? Can I get you a glass of juice?"

She pouted and nodded. Bahagya akong nakahinga nang maluwag. The afterparty to celebrate the success of their hometown concert was celebrated on the Treveron's mansion. The entire place is packed and is swarming with friends, some of their fans, and local celebrities who also watched the concert with them.

"Storm!"

I glanced and saw Nick. Kasama pa rin niya ang nobyo. I grinned at him and waved. Hindi pa ako makapaghalubilo sa kanila kasi walang magbabantay kay Freuss. She's supposed to be sleeping with her brother, Franco but she woke up and started looking for her daddy while I was upstairs, doing my makeup.

Pinaupo ko sa isang high stool chair ang bata habang ginagawa ang kaniyang juice. She behaved and smiled at the guests politely while waiting for her juice. Bahagyang lumilipad ang utak ko sa hindi inaasahang narinig na pag-uusap nila Thyron kanina.

I glanced again at Freuss. She's a nice girl. Franco is a good big brother, too. Nasanay na silang dalawa dito sa mansyon. Pinupunan ni Tita Sidra ang puwang na iniwan ng nanay nilang dalawa kaya naman hindi rin nila madalas na hinahanap.

I placed a tall glass of strawberry juice in front of Freuss. She said her thank you and happily sipped from the glass. Habang pinagmamasdan ko ang bata ay bigla nalang akong nakaramdam ng mainit na kamay sa beywang ko.

I turned and was greeted by a kiss from Philodemus. Chukling lightly, I pulled away from him.

"There you are..." I could smell the faint smell of brandy from his mouth. He must've been entertaining the guests earlier. "Been looking for you everywhere." He whispered on my ears before lazily resting his chin on my shoulders.

"I'm kind of babysitting right now." I giggled.

"Hi Tito Philo!" Freuss greeted enthusiastically, oblivious to the thick tension in the atmosphere.

"Hello, kiddo." Kumalas saglit sa akin si Philodemus upang yakapin ang bata. "Where's your father?"

"Talking to granny and Tito Blade."

Napatingin sa akin si Philodemus.

"Ihahatid ko din siya kapag naubos niya na ang juice niya. Mukhang may pinag-uusapan pa kasi sina Thyron." Ani ko.

Philodemus nodded and occupied the seat next to me. His warm hand clasped mine under the table and squeezed it tightly.

"Hey Freuss, what're you doing here?" Thyron was surprised when he walked into the kitchen and found his daughter nursing her strawberry drink.