Gettin' It

"Oh my goddd! did yall go to the police??" Anika asked me. We were in our dorm room and I had just finished telling her what Calvin had tried last night. A shiver went down my body as I remembered.

"No...I didnt want August to get in trouble for having and unlicensed gun and sneaking onto our campus. Calvin family has money, God knows what their expensive lawyers would do and say" I replied to her before putting on my nude lipstick. "We did file a restraining order, but I doubt Calvin will come anywhere near me after what August did to him."

She nodded absentmindedly, " true dat" 

"How does my hair look?" I asked her turning around so she could see.

"You look bomb. They aint got no choice but to give you that job" She smiled at me

I was going to an interview for a job at a local bank just off campus. I needed to make some money of my own. 

"Thanks nika. gotta run " I said slipping on some black pumps and grabbing my bag.

**********************************

"So ms.Romain. I see you're a biology major at Georgia State. Why you're interest in banking?" The H.R manager said to me after looking at  my file.

"Honestly, I've always wanted to keep my horizon as broad as possible. You never know where you will learn valuable lessons. In fact that was the reason I first applied for a job at a bank back in my home country. I worked there for a year, before coming here for college." I explained. 

She nodded, "thats great, means this isnt all foreign to you."

She skimmed over the papers in front of her before looking up and smiling at me. "You're very intelligent, cordial and have experience in \the field. I see no reason not to hire you. Is Monday ok for you to start?"

I smiled back delighted that I had gotten the job. "Monday is perfect"

"Great. Celia at the front desk will work with you to plan your shift around your classes" She replied.

"Thank you so much" I said shaking her hand before leaving.

*********Later that day******

My phone rang while I sat at the corner cafe.

Aug:wassaaaap

I giggled. Nothing much, getting some food in le system.

Aug: damn, you couldnt invite me? You know a nigga skinny, needs his food.

Me: well if the skinny nigga free he can come join me. 

Aug: *chuckled* well then give dat nigga the address

*****************20 Mins later********

Aug POV*****

I walked into the bistro and saw Eva sitting sipping on a drink and staring in the distance.

She stood up and gave me a hug when I approached her.

"Damnnn, you look gorgeous. Why so dressed up doe?" I asked staring at her. She was wearing a black pencil skirt, button down white shirt with some gold accessories. Clean & classy I thought.

"Wellll I kinda had a job interview today," she said smiling

"Really? you aint tell me this befo' " I said surprised

"Didnt really get the chance to." she replied sipping on her smoothie.

"so how'd it go?" i asked curiously