Undercover

I walked out the lab with a deep frown, my mind was in deep thought and I almost didnt hear when my friend Carrie from math class called me.

I waved to her quickly continuing to walk out the school.

I dialed August's number as I took the shuttle to the bus stop downtown. I rolled my eyes and ended the call as the next bus pulled in.

It was about 15 minutes later when I finally made my way to August's house. I guess he was at the studio as always since his truck wasnt in the driveway.

"I havent come here in a few days and the  place is a mess," I said as I opened up the front door with the extra key he gave me.

I was in and out of there in about 5 minutes, as I locked up the front door I heard someone clear there throat behind me.

I turned around seeing Deja standing with her hands holding up her lower back.

"What the hell you want?" I spun around fully to face her and asked.

"Excuse you trick, August asked me to come over. Where da hell he at anyways?! " she said looking at her watch.

"He asked you to come over?" I said raising an eyebrow.

"Da fuck? Aint he yo man? Since when he aint tell ya all da details of my shit?" She rolled her neck.

I sucked my teeth long and good at her. "Bitch bye. He aint here so guess you came by for nothin"

"Uh nah trick...I just got off da phone wit da nigga. Said he was on his way," she shot back at me.

"But really doe...why he aint already told ya that I was comin by to go over that insurance package?" She asked a bit suspiciously with a smirk.

"He did," I lied, " I just got better shit to remember than things to do with your hoeing ass"

She mean mugged me.

"Well you can have a seat on the doorstep, " I said to her, " I gotta go"

She scoffed.

I stopped halfway down the path and said," by the way Deja you should quit puttin them ugly weaves on your head. You know they can affect your contractions when its time to deliver right?"

"Girl bye! This my real hair," she said flipping the bob haircut.

"Really?" I said walking up closer to examine it.."hmm...maybe you should stick to em weaves after all"

"Whatever trick, my hair is laiddd" she said patting the top.

She was really enjoying her substitute word trick, ever since I kept her behind in check about callin me bitch.

I came even closer, and quickly yanked out a stray strand of purple hair that was sticking out at the top " there ya go...the black dye missed this one"

"OWW! motherff..." she squealed rubbing her head.

I smiled, " now youre hair is semi decent"

I backed away still smiling before she said,

"Oh by da way. Congrats!"

I frowned, " for what?"

"Your man aka my baby daddy got signed...means Jr here set up fo' life," she said rubbing her tummy.

"And you too...well until August gets tired of you" she finished

"What are you talking about" I said glaring a little

"August's record deal," she replied

"August didnt get signed," I began saying confidently but finished unsure. She must have read my expression too

"You asking or tellin?" She smirked

I was speechless. Did he really get signed and not tell me?? I thought

"Ohhh trouble in paradise?" She said pouting. "See if you was so sure, you woulda told me if im tellin da truth or not by now." She folded her arms gettin the most out of the situation

I straight faced her before flipping her the bird and leaving

"Imma tell August to tell his girl befo his baby mama next time hun!" She yelled to me as I left.....

***********

Damn. Deja be gettin on my nerves and im the one who writes this lmao

So...He still aint answering his phone

Eva seems to have something to tell him

And do you think he really didnt tell Eva dat he got a record deal?? Or did he even?

My other book will be updated in a few so wait on it!