Chapt14--- P-R-O-M

I sat in my seat for class. I had on one of Luke's sweaters, that everybody knew was his. I had black ripped skinny jeans, and black combat boots.

My hair was back in a beanie, and my makeup was slightly done.

"Good morning everyone, and this is the morning announcements." The announcements began.

Five minutes later.

"And now we have a special speech from everyone's favorite... Luke Hemmings."

My head shot up in surprise. Whispers were thrown around me.

"Good morning Norwest, Im Luke, and this is a very important thing to say. She doesn't know how much I love her. She is my ultimate favorite. She is my one and only." Luke began. "Catrina Valentine."

The whispers became softer.

"Babe.. I love you, and you know that, but you don't what to what extent I love you. I need you in my life. I need you with me. It kills me seeing you angry or sad. It hurts when we fight, even if it over something silly, like a crayon," Luke chuckled. "Catrina.. So many people have asked me, but I wants to know, Will you go to prom with me?" He asked.

"She's not even cute."

"Fat."

"Slutttttt."

"Whore."

"Lesbian,"

These things bundled inside my head.

My teacher thought I was crying of happiness but she let me leave.

I ran through some halls crying and Luke stopped me. "Whoa- Kitty? What's wrong?" Luke tried to reach out to me but I pulled away.

"Just- Leave me alone! Please!" I said and ran because everyone was making fun of me. Luke heard them.

"Catrina! Wait! Don't listen to them!" Luke tried to catch up to me.

He grabbed my waist. "Shhh, don't cry." He said and held me close to him. People started speaking differently.

"Wait... Luke never hugs, does he actually like a girl?" Was asked.

"I feel bad for saying those things."

"They're so cute."

"I still think she's trying to get in his pants." Was shouted.

I pushed myself off of Luke. "I can't do this Luke." I said.

"No, you can't. That's why Im here for you. We can do this." Luke said.

"Luke.. It's just socially wrong. Our groups don't mix. I'm the quiet shy avoid everyone kind of person, your the big guy here." I said.

"What do you mean, 'the big guy?'" Luke protested. I scoffed.

"Luke you know what I mean. Your Mr Popular, and do I need to mention how many people would kill to have you, and claim you as theirs?" I asked.

"No, and I don't want to know because Im yours!" Luke said.

"Luke..."

"Are we... Breaking up?" He asked.

"No! I don't want to, it's just... This is going to be really hard." I said.

"What is? Us?" Luke said.

"Can we please just forget about it?" I asked. Luke shook his head.

"No we can't."

"Luke people are staring-"

"So let them. I just want to know that you love me as much as I love you." Luke said, suddenly getting sad.

"No I don't." I said. "I love you more."

He connected our lips, and people gasped. "He's actually kissing, not making out!"

"She can kiss?"

"Well if Luke kissed her she must do well-"

"She's mine!" Luke said, pulling away from the kiss. "So.. Is that a yes?"

"It's a yes." I said.

Luke reconnected the kiss and couldn't stop smiling. I can't say I could.