Chapter Forty Eight

The next morning I had went to the only person I felt I could really trust right now to talk about the horrible ending of what was a good Holiday.
His mom had let me in the house with a tender smile and a concerned gaze. She could tell something was wrong but kept in mind the barriers she'd be breaking if she asked. So instead of asking what was wrong, she did the motherly thing where she asked kindly, "can I get you anything? Some water or-or pop?"
I looked up to her sweetly shaking my head and answering her real question too with a quick response, "I'm fine, thank you."
"That's enough harassment mom." Trevor came down with a yawn and stretch wearing this over worn white t shirt that had been stretched so many times it made him look almost homeless.
She sucked her teeth and turned to him with her hand on her hip saying, "I wasn't harassing the poor girl, I was being hospitable." He came closer and she tugged at his worn shirt shaking her head. "Should've gotten you a new set of t shirts for Christmas." He brushed her away and looked up to me almost embarrassed.
"Stop." He warned her giving a short laugh before making his way over to me. "Can we have some privacy?" He turned his head back to her and she walked away without another word and only a shrug. He turned all his attention to me now with a frown.
"It's early," he looked over my face and came closer to rub my shoulder gently, trying to comfort me any way he could. "That means it serious."
"Aimee admitted to me last night that she wasn't kidnapped. And that she broke my leg and stole my Dream Guy from me in a jealous rage."
"Wait," he was as stunned as I had been, rubbing his ears to be sure he was hearing me correctly. "She-she lied?" You could tell that was the only point sticking to his brain. He took a step back and away from me shaking his head. "Of of this time spent and wasted for her and it was for nothing!?" He was fuming now too trying to make sense but unable to. I know I still haven't.
"She only came clean after someone threatened to unveil the whole truth about her!" I was still upset about this. Highly upset that my own sister would put my and our family's life on the line. She was selfish, always had been but even I didn't think she'd take it this far. Trevor was visibly hurt upon hearing all of this. I told him everything she had told me and I wanted to know what we could do about it. I kept out the fact that I was now somehow involved because we looked alike and I had a fling with Mr.Holland. The more I think about it, the more I cringe that I even dared to go down that path. I knew it was wrong and yet I still ventured there. That was on me.
Trevor watched me knowing I was keeping something from him but he didn't press it any further. He told me that things were going to be alright and that I shouldn't worry. He was behind my decisions. He had already washed his hands of Aimee.
I just wanted to enjoy what was left of this Holliday vacation and Aimee was not making that possible for me. So instead of returning home I had stayed with Trevor for a little while longer while playing out the outcomes of this situation in my head.
"What are you worried about?" He asked rubbing my thigh comfortingly. "She can't bring you down with her."
"But she can." I said too quickly moving my leg from him and staring forward.
"What do you have to hide?" He asked quietly reaching back to me and I sucked my teeth shaking my head.
"Can we drop it?" I wasn't being nice to him when I should have been. I should be able to tell him anything but I kept hesitating. He could find out from me or from anyone who knew.
"Of course." He sighed getting up from the couch. "Uh, can I get you anything?" I looked up to him noticing his disappointment and he oooked away pointing to the door. "From the kitchen?"
"Um, no thanks." I gave a small smile and looked down into my lap as he still stood there watching me.
"You know I can't help you if you aren't completely honest with me." Of course he couldn't drop it. He was probably so used to Aimee lying to him that he thought I could be honest. I was always honest but this, this was almost too much to bear. How could I ever admit to him that I had done something so vile and unorthodox? "Em." He said softly and I shot up from the chair now just ready to leave.
"I said drop it!" I shouted at him feeling my heart race the moment I did. If he didn't think I was hiding something then, he did now.
He licked the inside of his cheek and shrugged looking to the floor. "Okay." Was all he said and I sighed realizing this, not being honest, would be detrimental to how our relationship will proceed.
"I kissed a girl once." I started off by saying dropping my shoulders as he now looked up to me furrowing his brows.
"So have I Em." He laughed trying to make me feel better but it wasn't cutting it.
"I've kissed four other guys besides you." I bit my lip nervous but his reaction was still the same.
"I've kissed plenty of girls before you." He bit the inside of his cheek scratching the side of his head hoping I wasn't disappointed with him. "I'd kiss a guy too if I had to." He shrugged and I gave a small smile glad that he was being understanding.
I took a deep breath and looked down to my feet shrugging as I fumbled over my next words. "Aidan, Nolan," I sighed shaking my head as I was about to come clean. "Issac and Mr. Holland." I said his name quietly and looked down shameful at what I was admitting to.
He cleared his throat and shifted his feet before coming to stand in front of me as he asked so nonchalantly, "Who was the girl?"
My eyes shot up to his feeling relieved that he wasn't judging me. He wasn't jealous. He wasn't angry at me for this.
I took a deep sigh searching his eyes as I said in another sigh, "Leigh."
He looked over my face and gave a shrug just brushing it all off. "What's the big deal with that? You were afraid to tell me that you kissed others?" A small smile crept at his lips as he tried to suppress a laugh. I felt his arms go around me and I felt welcomed and so so relieved at his reaction. "If you thought what you said was bad, you don't even want to know my history." He pushed my stray hairs from my face and pulled me closer to him in an embrace where I could hide my face into his chest.
"I had a thing with a teacher." I said muffled by polo. "If that gets out, he'll get fired."
"And that'd be on him." Trevor shrugged as I pulled back from him. "He shouldn't mess around with students, he knows better." Now I could tell he was a little stung by it. I should have left it at just his name. "You've been through too much, you were vulnerable and he took advantage of that."
"I kissed him." I admitted and he still shrugged not letting me take responsibility.
"And he should have ceased contact. Instead he invited you to stay after school with him and shot down every guy that took aim at you. Possessive." He seemed really disturbed by the behavior, mostly because he knew something was off about the way he treated me. He was a witness to it. "I don't know, I didn't think it's something you should worry about. He should be worried."
"We should drop it." He let go of me and I nibbled at my lip feeling anxious about where this was going to go. "And I should go."
"No, you don't have to." He changed his tone sounding softer and less intrusive. He brushed my hair back with his hand and gave me a quick kiss on the lips. "Is it weird that all of that just makes me want to kiss you more?" He admitted and I laughed a little rolling my eyes before looking back up to him. "I just love when you're honest with me. You don't have to fear being judged or even reprimanded by me for doing something humans do everyday." He smoothed out my hair taking me in with a deep breath. "Seriously."
"Okay." I nodded and he kissed my forehead.