Chapter 4: Intros and Battles!

"A friend of yours Dawn?" The much older guy asked, making the girls look at him.

"Yeah, kinda." Dawn looked at them. "This is Cayla, she got her first Pokemon the same time I did."

"Hi, I'm Cayla." Cay smiled at them.

"Hi, I'm Ash." The younger boy, now dubbed Ash, greeted.

"And I'm Brock." The much older one greeted next.

"Nice to meet you." Cay laughed lightly.

"Pika." She looked down and saw a Pikachu next to Dawn's leg.

"You caught a Pikachu? Aw he's so cute!" The black haired teen cheered.

"Actually, this is Ash's Pikachu." Dawn explained as Pikachu climbed Ash's shoulder.

"So have you caught any Pokemon?" Cayla asked.

"I sure have; Buneary, Piplup come on out!" The dressed up preteen tossed her PokeBalls up. Out of the PokeBalls popped out a Buneary, and a Piplup. Cayla grimaced at the bunny Pokemon. "Isn't Buneary the cutest thing?" Dawn cooed.

"Yeah...great." Cay forced a smile. "Wanna see my Pokemon?" She asked and pulled out her PokeBalls. "CC, Pachi." She called and the PokeBalls opened, revealing CC the Chimchar, and Pachi the pink Pachirisu. CC jumped onto Cayla's Shoulder, and Pachi jumped into her arms.

"Woah a Chimchar" "And a Pachirisu!" Ash grinned, followed by Dawn.

"They seem well cared for." Brock observed. "Do you make your own Pokemon food?"

"Yup, they seem to like it." Cay laughed lightly when her Pokemon nodded their heads. Brock picked up Pachi's tail. "Wait don't-" Cayla's warning came to late, and Pachi zapped Brock. Pachi's face twisted in anger. "Sorry, Pachi doesn't like his tail touched unless I'm brushing it."

"I understand, Sorry about that." The tan male smiled guiltily at the pink Pokemon. "Your Pachirisu is really rare colored." He observed.

"And you called the CC and Pachi right?" Dawn asked.

"Yeah, C for Chim, and another for Char." She explained. "And Pachi for PACHIrisu."

"Makes sense to me." Brock nodded.

"So Dawn have you worked out your combinations?"

"No not yet." Dawn smiled sheepishly. "How about you?"

"Yeah, almost." She nodded.

"Hey Cayla will you have a battle with me?" Ash suddenly asked, causing both girls to look at him like he was daft. "I want me and my Pokemon to be as strong as we can, so we have to battle as many Pokemon as we can."

"But Ash she's a-" Dawn got interrupted.

"Alright Ash, We'll battle you." Cay smiled. "This is our first battle, so don't hold back." Cayla admired how straight forward and spirited he was. "How about two on two?"

"Sounds great to me." He nodded.

In a blink of an eye, they were outside, ready to battle their hearts out.

"Aipom I choose you!" I threw out a purple monkey like Pokemon with a hand like tail.

"Ai-Pa!" The energetic Pokemon squealed.

"CC Let's get this show started!" CC jumped off her arm and ran out into the field. "You can have the first move!" Cayla called.

Ash waisted no time; "Aipom use Swift!" He ordered.

Aipom jumped into the air and waved his hand like tail, causing yellow stars to shoot out towards CC.

"CC backflip to dodge!" CC started doing backflips to dodge the swift, causing the move to hit the ground. "Jump and scratch!" The chimp Pokemon jumped during one of his backflips and rushed towards Aipom. Once close enough he used scratch multiple times, sending Aipom towards the ground.

Aipom spun and landed on his tail. "Great job Aipom, now use Focus Punch!" Aipom rushed forward, his hand like tail glowing a bright silver.

"Wait..." Cay said to her Pokemon. "Now use Ember!" CC unleashed an ember attack as soon as Aipom was close enough. The Ember damaged Aipom, but the normal type Pokemon powered through and hit CC with Focus Punch.

"Chimcahr-!" CC gasped as he hit a tree and knocked out, his eyes swirl like.

"CC is unable to battle, Aipom wins." Brock said at the side lines.

"CC you were great, have a good rest." She called the Chimchar back. "I'll make you something special as a reward." She promised. Cay then looked at Pachi. "Alright Pachi, lets get this show started!" The pink Pachirisu jumped off her shoulder and into the battle field.

"Chipa!" He sparked his cheeks.

"Aipom great job, return." Aipom disappeared into the red light. "Your turn buddy." The raven head looked at Pikachu, and the yellow Pokemon ran out to the field.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu also sparked his cheeks.

"You can have the first move again." Cayla called.

"Pikachu use ThunderBolt." Ash ordered. Pikachu shut his eyes and unleashed the yellow electric attack from his cheeks.

"Pachi curl up, spin, and use Hyper Fang." Pachi jumped and his fang grew and started to glow white as he curled up and started to spin like a Gyro Ball. He smashed into the ThunderBolt and sped through the attack, hitting Pikachu in the process as he landed and uncurled. "Now, Sweet Kiss." Pachi lifted his paws to his muzzle and made a kiss sound. Three hearts appeared and smacked into Pikachu, making his eyes into hearts before swirls. "One more Hyper Fang."

"Pikachu dodge it!" The yellow mouse Pokemon just swayed ungracefully. "Pikachu?"

"Sweet Kiss is a move that causes Pokemon to become confused Ash," Cay heard Brock call to the raven head.

The pink striped Pokemon ran forward with his glowing fang and hit Pikachu, causing him to pass out. "Chipa!" Pachi cheered and jumped into Cayla's arms.

"But how did she get through Pikachu's ThunderBolt?" Ash asked, picking up a passed out Pikachu.

"By using Hyper Fang how, and when she did, the fang protected Pachi from getting hit by ThunderBolt." Brock explained.

"Even though Pachi is also a Electric type, Pikachu has more bite and could have hurt him, so I used a combo." Cayla said. "And to be completely honest, I wasn't even sure that would work." She blushed and scratched the back of her head, and returned Pachi to his ball. "Well, we have to go practice some more. Bye."

"Bye." She heard them call as she left.

Cayla reentered the Pokemon Center and went to the desk. "Hi Nurse Joy." She greeted. "Can you take care of my Pokemon?"

"Of course, just set their PokeBalls here." The pink haired nurse set out a trey with dips in them. Cay put her PokeBalls into the slots, and smiled. "They'll be back after their checkups."

"Also, can I sign up for the Pokemon Contest here?" She asked.

"Of course, just fill out this form." She handed her a piece of paper.

Cayla filled out the paper. For the performance round she was using Pachi, for the battle round she was going with CC. When she finished she handed her the form. "Thank you." She then went to the open kitchen and started making Poffins, along with sandwiches for their lunch.

"Cayla, your Pokemon are ready." A voice came over the intercom, and she cleaned up and went to get them.