Chapter 31: The Canalave Contest(Part 1)

Cayla hummed as she brushed her long hair out. She was waiting for Barry, Dawn, Ash, and Brock. They had contacted her a few days before. Dawn was hoping to compete in the Canalave Contest, but they were already cutting in close so Cayla didn't exactly have much faith that Dawn would be competing with her. Zero cooed and batted at her necklace as she clipped it on and looked out the window, smiling when her eyes fell on blonde hair and a orange scarf. "They're here!" She chimed, standing up. Zero frowned when he saw Barry, turning up his nose.

"Over here!" She waved the group over, standing up so they could see her. Dawn ran off immediately, to see if she could sign up, while he others joined the table.

"Hey Cayla, excited for the contest?" Brock asked smiling at her.

"Yes! We've worked really hard, and I just have a feeling that we'll win this!" Cayla cheered, that bright Cayla smile gracing her lips. "Oh yeah! Um Barry..."

"Yeah?" The blonde glanced down at the shortest of the group.

"Well, you uh see, Zero has never seen a contest and I can't exactly leave him unsupervised, I mean that would be very unsafe, but I still want him to watch! He could learn a lot by watch so you know I was uh wondering...Could you watch him?" She babbled shyly, nipping her lip as she waited for his response.

Barry grinned and nodded. "Well, if there's no one else for the job!" He said boldly, though he didn't miss the growl the got from the fox like Pokemon.

Brock and Ash glanced at each other and chuckled before they were interrupted by a dejected looking Dawn. "It's too late to compete, but I'm sticking around to watch you Cay!" She gave a reassuring smile to Cayla.

Cayla smiled happily, meeting Dawn in a tight hug. "That means so much! Thank you!" She mused.

---First Stage: Cayla goes first---

"Patchi, Bell, Lets Start the Show!" Cayla smiled, running out on stage while throwing the two Poke-Ball's in the air. Both Pokemon jumped out, prey pink flower petals swirling around them as they landed.

"Chipa!"

"Bello!"

"Pachi, Sweet Kiss, Bell, Petal Dance!" Whilst perfectly in sync, Pachi kissed his paws, spreading multiple pink hearts, along the pink petals from Bell's Petal Dance. The hearts and petals swirled together, surrounding the duo. "Time for Discharge, and Solar Beam!"

"Chipa!" Pachi built up a bright Pink discharge and the same time Bell gathered her Solar Beam.

"Now!"

At the same time they fired their respected attacks. Solar Beam, and Discharge swirled together, hitting the Sweet Kiss, and Petal Dance. In the center of it all Pachi and Bell glowed, the lights showering down on them.

Cayla walked back stage. She sat down and watched the other performances. She was broken out of watched when she hear Zero's sweet little coo.

Down the hall, Zero was fighting with Barry every step. The blonde growled as he tried to hold on. "Zero calm down! We'll be there in a second!"

"Wow Barry, Zero really doesn't like you." Dawn said in surprise. Zero's eyes twitched and he settled down, sitting like a perfect angel.

"You guys came back to see me?" Cayla asked, walking up. Zero jumped into her arms, cooing happily. "Was he any trouble?" She asked.

"No, he was perfectly fine!" Barry forced a smile, not that Cayla could tell.

"Oh ho, Cayla, is there something happening between you and Barry?" Dawn asked with a teasing smile.

"What do you mean?" Cayla tilted her head in confusion.

"Never mind." She sighed in response, causing even more confusion to settle in Cayla's stomach.