Chapter 26: Trouble Thy Name is Zero

"Team Rocket! Give me back my Zorua!" Cayla yelled, grey eyes blazing.

"Uhhuh, yeah no!" Jessie spat. "This darling fox will make the perfect gift for the boss!"

"Up we go~" James sang, starting to pull away.

Cayla didn't hesitate, she run and jumped on the matalic arm. Zorua had tears in his eyes, fear evident in his blue eyes. "Don't worry, I'll get you out." She promised him with a smile, trying to pry open the hand of the claw arm thing.

"Not so Fast! Seviper!" Jessie glared and threw out her Poke-Ball. A large snake popped out of the Poke-Ball. "Poison Tail!" Seviper's tail up purple before scrashing down across Cayla's back.

"Ah!" Cayla gasped out in pain, almost falling off the arm.

Zorua looked down at Cayla. blue eyes lighting up with determination. Zorua started to shift until instead of a tiny Zorua, was a huge, angry Ursaring. Team Rocket screamed, the arm breaking. The Ursaring jumped down, catching Cayla when she fell. He set Cay down Ursaring then morphed onto Zorua again.

"That was Zorua's Illusion ability!" Cayla realized before sharpening her gaze. "Barry, I need some help!"

"On it! Empoleon!" He threw out his Poke-Ball.

"Vapor!" Cayla tossed out Vapor.

"Hydro Cannon!"

"Aurora Beam!"

"Empol!"

"Va!"

Empoleon gathered up a ball of power, firing it at Team Rocket. Vapor's Aurora Beam wrapped around Hydro Cannon, lighting it in color, but also powering it up. The attacks smashed into the hot air balloon, sending them flying off.

"Team Rocket's Blasting Off Again!" Team Rocket yelled, flying off into the distance.

"We did it! Thanks for the Help Empoleon, Barry." Cayla smiled and crouched down. "Vapor you too, and Zero of course."

"Zor!" Zero cooed, jumping into her arms.

"Come on Cayla, lets get you checked out. You were hit with a Poison Tail." Barry said helping her stand again. "And that was crazy! You scared me, I thought you were going to die!"

"Sorry, but you would have done the same." Cayla giggled, petting Zero.

Zero glared at Barry, formed a Shadow Ball, and threw it at Barry. The Shadow Ball was tiny, stopping in front of Barry's face until it popped and covered him in purple smoke. "Zor!"

"Ah Zero!" Cayla gasped. "Are you okay Barry?! I'm sorry!"

"Don't worry about it, I wasn't hurt. I don't think he wanted to hurt me." Barry said, leading the way in.

Once they were in the Pokemon Center Nurse Joy did a quick check up, while Barry helped patch up Cayla's back. When he was finished he turned away so she could pull the back of her shirt back down.(Only the back was lifted.) Cayla stood up and turned towards him.

"Thanks for the help Barry." Cayla hummed.

"You're welcome." He smiled back before getting tackled away from her by Zero. "I have a feeling Zero hates me." Barry stated, taking a step back.

"Zero!" Cayla set him on the table and put her hands on her hips with a frown. "You can't go attacking my friends, it's impolite and if you do it again you're grounded!"

"Zor..." Zero's ears flattened as he nodded his head.

Cayla smiled and pet his head. "It's okay." She said, picking him up. "I know, lets call my Papa, he'll be delighted. Want to listen in Barry? You might be able to see some more Unova Pokemon."

"Sure!" Barry said excitedly.

Cayla walked over to the phones and dialed in her Papa's private number. After just a few minutes of waiting a man's face popped up. He had pale skin, messy black hair, and thick black glasses. His eyes were Identical to Cayla's. He wore a black shirt and a white lab coat. "Hi Papa!"

"Cayla! How's my darling daughter?" He gushed, obviously a doting father.

"Good! I won my third ribbon, and my Pokemon Egg hatched. Thank you by the way!" She said, holding Zero up for her father to see.

"A Zorua huh? Make sure to take good care of him, and call often so I can ask you about him okay?" He said happily, before looking over her shoulder, where Barry was leaned over. Tears came to the man's eyes. He took off his glasses and started crying into his elbow. "My little girls has a boyfriend! She's growing up so fast!" He cried.

"N-No!" Cayla shook her head. "Papa he's no-not my boyfriend!" Cayla blushed.

"I won't accept it!" He declared. "Anyone that wants to date my daughter must defeat me!" He exclaimed, standing up.

"Papa!" Cayla squeaked, pressing the 'End Call' button as fast as she could. She glanced up at Barry before looking away. Both teens' faces were bright red, they wouldn't make eye contact.

Zero looked between them and started laughing loudly.