Chapter 38: Before the Big Day

Cayla walked into the the Meet and Greet at the Contest Hall.(See episode 174 of DP) Her hair was brushed back, laying flat on her back and shoulders with her bangs fall perfectly on her forehead. It was kinda loud in the Contest Hall, but she kinda liked it.

She pored herself something to drink and sipped away at the cup, looking around in hopes of finding a friend.

"Oh my! You're Cayla Lorian aren't you?" A calm voice asked. Cayla looked up and found a camera in her face, and a woman with brown hair smiling at her.

"Uh yes Ma'am." Cayla said shyly, glancing away from the camera.

"What a doll! With me now is Sinnoh's very own Blossoming Flower of Performance!" The Reporter spoke into the camera. "After receiving your fifth ribbon what did you do to prepare for the Grand Festival?"

"Oh! Well I went home to Sandgem town to train. I thought it would help me connect with my Pokemon more, going home to a calmer environment." Cayla admitted with her usual shy smile.

"And do you have anything to say to those who are supporting you?" She asked.

"Thank you so much for your support. My Pokemon and I have been working very hard, and support means alot." Cayla said sweetly, causing a few older coordinators to quietly coo at the innocent demeanor of the girl.

"Thank you for this interview. I look forward to your performance tomorrow." The reporter smiled.

"Think nothing of it. And thank you for your hard work. Please excuse me." Cayla said politely before walking towards a corner. She leaned against the wall and sighed with a hand on her heart. She slid down to sit. "Th-That was nerve raking." She mumbled, desperately wanting to hold one of her Pokemon, but she left them with nurse joy.

"Are you okay Cayla?"

"Pikachu?"

Cayla looked up and sighed in relief. Ash was couched in front of her with Pikachu on his head. " I-I wan't expecting to be interviewed." She admitted sheepishly, grey eyes resting on Pikachu. "This might sound odd, but could I hold Pikachu? My Pokemon are with Nurse Joy is all but I want to hold a Pokemon and well I uh-"

"Sure." Ash held the yellow Pokemon out.

With a thankful smile, Cayla pulled Pikachu to her chest. Slowly, she started petting it and scratching under their chin.

"Cha~" Pikachu cooed.

Both preteens stood back up, Pikachu in Cayla's arms. "So where is Dawn?"

"She's over there with Kenny, Zoey, and Nando." Ash pointed and started leading the way.

"Thanks for the help." Cayla blushed in embarrassment, petting Pikachu's tail softly as they walked. Ash just smiled and waved her gratitude off.

"Cayla! You're here!" Dawn grinned, a bright grin on her face.

"Hey Dawn." Cayla greeted with less enthusiasm. "Zoey, Kenny, Nando, its nice to see you all again." She smiled.

"You seem a bit nervous." Nando mused, playing a short tune.

"Surprise Interview." Cayla admitted, hiding behind Pikachu.

"Yeah, they sprung on me the minute they saw me." Zoey chuckled.

"Isn't that Ash's Pikachu?" Kenny asked.

"My Pokemon are at the Pokemon Center, and I was kind of anxious." Cayla murmured, giggling when Pikachu nuzzled her cheek. "So Ash let me hold Pikachu for a while."

"Pika Pikachu!" Pikachu cooed.

They fell into easy conversation after that, talking about training, and how they have been.

-------------

Cayla left the Meet and Greet a little early. After giving Pikachu back she ran to the Pokemon Center and Piked up her Poke-Balls.

"Oh my! Is that who I think it is?" A familiar, deep voice cause Cayla to whip around.

"Papa!" She grinned, running full speed into his arms. "You came to watch?!" She asked, looking at her mother.

"Of course we did." Destany smiled.

"I wouldn't miss this if Ho-Oh flopped down in front of me." The man chuckled, holding her close.

"You go out there tomorrow, and try your best!" Both parents smiled brightly at there daughter.

"We all will!" Cayla guaranteed.

----------

Cayla sighed as she laid in bed. she couldn't sleep. Her stomach flip flopped with anxiety and nerves. Reaching to the side, she opened CC's Poke-Ball.

"Mon?" 'What's wrong?' CC asked with a worried look.

"I know we trained hard, but I'm nervous and scared. What if...what if we loose? I don't want to disappoint anyone." She murmured, sitting up.

"Mon Monferno. Ferno Mon Mon." 'We are all going to try our best. Have faith in yourself. We all do.' CC smiled an sat down beside her.

Cayla smiled. "Thanks CC." Cayla smiled, laying back down beside the Pokemon, and pulling the blanket over both of them.