Chapter 24: The Veilstone Contest

"We're here!" Cayla said excitingly as she looked out on the city. CC was perched on her shoulder, playing body guard. Since the whole one day model thing Cayla had gotten oddly popular, to the point where people she didn't know would gush over her, and beg to see Bell. Of course Cayla would politely decline, and move forward, but it was a little bit unsettling. "Lets go sign into the Pokemon Center!"

"Movemovemovemovemovemove!" A fast voice sounded, but before she could move she collided with a bright blonde mop. "Ow! Thats it I'm fining you! You have 10 seconds to pay! !0...9..-oh Cayla!" Cayla sat up from the dusty ground and gave him her usual passive smile. "Sorry, but hey! You were just who I was looking for!" Barry grinned, holding his hand out.

CC glared at Barry, watching as he pulled Cayla back up. It wasn't that CC hated Barry, but he should far more careful with his trainer. CC jumped back onto Cayla's shoulder and crawled between them, Cayla didn't really notice, but Barry sure did.

"Why were looking for me? How'd you know I'd be here?" She asked, playing with the floof on CC's head.

Barry shrugged. "That magazine you modeled in said that you were participating in the Veilstone Contest."

"You saw that?!" Cayla felt her face heat up, groaning she hid her face with one hand. "How embarrassing."

"You looked really nice, relax." Barry waved her off. "Anyway, I was here already and decided to wait for you. You can thank me now!"

Cayla giggled. "Thanks for waiting for me then Barry." She mused, cuddling CC to her chest. "Then lets walk to the Pokemon Center together!"

"Obviously!" Barry scoffed, but a grin was on his face.

The walk to the Pokemon Center was quiet, luckily. Cayla still got some stares by, well mostly women, full of awe, but no one approached. Cayla listened to Barry talk about his training, and how far he had advanced. He was obviously boasting, his head held high as he spoke, and his chest was puffed out a bit, but Cayla didn't seem to notice, and if she did she didn't seem to care.

Once they reached the Pokemon center Cayla gave Nurse Joy her Pokemon, and her Pokemon egg to watch during the contest. After that she signed up and turned to Barry. "I'm going to go change, I'll be right back!" Cayla said before disappearing down the hall.

She made quick work of getting ready, as the Contest would be soon and at the Pokemon Center itself. She finished tying up her fire themed Kimono and pulled on her shoes. She left her hair down, brushing out a few tangles, before she walked back out. "Sorry if I took forever." She said shyly, walking over to Barry.

Barry glanced up. Cayla tilted her head, watching as his faced turned red and he struggled to speak. "W-Wow you like r-really nice!" He cleared his throat and smiled.

"Thank you." Cayla smiled softly. "Would you mind sitting with Vapor and Bell during the contest?" She asked.

"Hmm? Count on me!" Barry shook his head free and grinned.

"Cayla, your Pokemon are ready!" A voice charmed.

Cayla hummed and pranced towards the desk, picking up two Poke-Balls. Vapor landed, and sat down, catching Bell on her head. "You guys are going to sit with Barry, cheer us on, yeah?"

"Va~" 'Of course~' Vapor cooed, walking nest to Barry.

"Bello!" 'Okay!' Bell cheered, waving her arms happily.

"All contestants; please gather in the Pokemon Center's Contest Hall Back Stage. All bystanders please head to your seats!" A voice called over the com.

"Behave you two!" Cay waved and followed the others down the hallway towards the Contest Hall's back stage. Once she reached back stage she capsuled CC's, and Pachi's Poke-Balls, and finally placed a seal.

She watched as the contest started. She was amazed by one girl, she looked like one of the Officer Jennys, but younger, looking about 13. Her partner was a Shinx. Jenny had Shinx use Discharge, blue sparks surrounded their body, the rings around their paws glowing in a true Shinx fashion. With blue sparks wrapped around them, Shinx then uses Swift and ran through the stars, bursting the attack. It was, amazing.

Cayla took a breath as she made her way to the stage. She stepped out and the crowd went crazy, watching her with bated breath. 'It's about the Pokemon, not me.' She told herself before smiling and throwing CC's ball upwards. The ball popped open and CC jumped out, bright yellow stars swirling around him. "CC Fire Spin!"

CC broke out of the stars and released a large spray of Fire Spin. The flames wrapped around CC, trapping him in a firey vortex. The flames made his body glow.

"Acrobatics!" Cayla urged.

Without hesitating, CC started twisting and turning in the flames, mesmerizing the audience as they let out a collective awe. CC started spinning, using the hot air from the Fire Spin to push himself out the top of the vortex. The spin shattered, warming up the stage. Cayla held out her arms, and CC landed perfectly in them.

"CC, you were fabulous!" Cayla gushed.

"Chim!" 'Obviously!' CC huffed back, smiling.

TO BE CONTINUED.......