Chapter 8: The Final Stage

Cayla sighed and tried to calm herself down. She still couldn't comprehend the fact that she made it to the final stage. Her opponent was Zoey, a coordinator that Cayla idolized to the end of her life. The battle, she knew, was going to be tough. Zoey's Glameow was far stronger, and more experienced than CC was, but there was no way that the raven haired girl was going to give up.

"It's time for the final battle!" MC Marian said as both coordinators ran out on stage.

"CC lets Get This Show Started!" Cay called as she threw out her PokeBall.

"Chimchar!" CC smiled.

"Glameow Curtain!" Zoey threw out her Pokemon.

"Nyan~" The grey and white cat Pokemon cooed.

"The Timer starts....NOW!" Marian said as the clock started.

"Glameow use Shock Wave." Zoey started. Glameow straightened her tail and blue sparks shot out towards the fire type.

"CC dodge." Cayla called. CC jumped about, dodging the attack. "Ember!" The chimp Pokemon gathered his Ember into a ball as he danced around stage, still dodging the electric attack.

"Shadow Claw." The catty Pokemon gathered dark energy around her paw and started running towards CC.

"Fire!" Cayla said once CC's Ember was full powered. The red orange embers were shot towards the normal type Pokemon, however, Glameow used her Shadow Claw to break the Ember Ball and caused it to make a curtain that Zoey couldn't see through. "Flame Wheel!" On the other side of the curtain, CC used his Flame Wheel to burst through the ember, that power added to the other fire type attack giving it an extra push as CC slammed into Glameow.

"Nayn!" Glameow hissed as she hit the ground.

Cayla saw Zoey bite her lip. "Shadow Claw." Glameow stood up and rushed towards CC.

"Ember on the ground!" Cay called to CC. CC fired his Ember towards the ground and shot up into the sky, though he burnt himself a bit. "Now use scratch!" CC started to fall towards Glameow.

"Now I have you...Glameow use Shock Wave!" The grey and white cat transitioned from Shadow Claw to Shock Wave in an instant. The blue sparks hit CC, causing him to call out in pain.

"CC use your Flame Wheel, I know you can do it!" Cayla said, her voice held worry, but it was confidant. CC started spinning, his flames wrapping around him as he used Flame Wheel. The attack pushed through the Shock Wave, but CC still took some damage.

The buzzer suddenly went off, causing both coordinators to look up. "Time!" Marian said. "And Cayla wins it by a hair!" It was true. Cayla had won, but a few more points and she would be tied with Zoey. "And that means the winner of the Jubilife City Pokemon Contest is Cayla from Pal Park!"

Cayla squealed in happiness as CC ran into her arms. She tossed the chimp Pokemon up and caught him, she then proceeded to hug the orange-brown Pokemon with happy tears lining her eyes. "We did it!" She smiled. "We actually did it!"

"Chim! Char!" CC nuzzled her affectionately, happy tears in his eyes as well. "Char!"

Regaining their composure, CC and Cayla walked up to the judges to receive their ribbon, after letting Pachi out so that the elesquirrel could also see their prize. Cayla thanked the judge and bowed before admiring the blue and white ribbon.

She then turned to her Pokemon with a happy smile. "Thank you, Pachi, CC." She hugged them. "I'm so happy we could work together."

"Chipa Chipa!" 'Anytime!'

"Chimchar!" 'It was fun!'

Cayla blinked and looked at her Pokemon. 'Did they just speak to me?' She asked herself. 'Or am I going crazy?' She smiled none the less and petted them. "I'll make you something special!" The winner promised them.

"Chipa!" "Char!" Both Pokemon cheered.

This was the first win, the first actual step, that would lead them on the road to attempting their dreams of becoming a top coordinator team.