Chapter 21: Flames of Love

"Woah...." Cayla looked up, finally realizing the Flareon's trainer was there. "You're Gorgeous!" The trainer exclaimed, hearts replacing his Irises as he looked at Cayla.

"Huh?" Cay tilted her head in confusion, continuing to pet Flareon.

"My name is Sage, what's your name gorgeous?" Sage grinned. He was a little taller than Cayla with spiky orange hair, and blue eyes. He wore a red crop coat with yellow fluff around the hems.

"Do you mean me?" Cayla asked, brows furrowed in confusion.

"Who else?" Sage asked.

"My name's Cayla, nice to meet you." Cay greeted, turning and smiling down at CC as he crawled into her lap.

"Oh you like fire types too?" Sage grinned, pulling out two Poke-Balls. "Infernape, Houndour come on out!"

"Wow, all Fire Types." Barry hummed, standing beside Cayla and watching them.

Sage glared at Barry. "You! I challenge you to a battle!"

"Huh?" Barry and Cayla said in unison.

"You, the blonde." He said again. "I challenge you."

Cayla sighed and returned her Pokemon so they didn't get involved, Other than CC who stayed beside her. "I'll be the judge." She offered, picking up the bowls. The boys nodded, returning their Pokemon too their balls, other than Empoleon, and Infernape. After a bit of shuffling, they were ready. "This is one on one battle, no substitutes. Ready? Begin!"

"Infernape use Flame Wheel!" Sage started off. Infernape cried out, head flames wrapping around their body. Infernape took off towards Empoleon.

"Empoleon, use Hydro Cannon!" Empoleon opened their beak and huge spray of water fired, hitting Infernape and sending it back against a tree.

"You okay Infernape?!" Sage yelled. Infernape nodded, but it was obviously not okay. "Use Mach Punch!" Infernape jumped, it's face lighting up as it was ready to deliver punches.

"Empoleon use Steal Wing." Empoleon's wings lit up before it crossed them over their chest, blocking the punches. "Hydro Cannon!"

"Fire Spin Infernape!" The two moves collided, fighting back and fourth, but Hydro Cannon had a little more bite, and hit Infernape. "Get a good rest." Sage bit out, returning Infernape to it's Poke-Ball.

"Infernape is unable to battle! Empoleon wins!" Cayla called.

"What's your name?" Sage looked at Barry and he returned Empoleon.

"Barry." Barry smirked.

"Well them, Barry: From this day onward you are my love rival!" Sage declared.

"What?!" Barry asked, blushing furiously.

"Love rival over who?" Cayla asked CC, tilting her head.

"Chimcharharhar!" 'Oh my goodness hahaha!' CC laughed, falling to the floor.

"Bye Cayla! Hope I see you soon! ~🖤" Sage smiled brightly, waved and headed town towards Hearthrone.

"He was interesting." Cayla mused, walking over to Barry. "I should go too, I hope you'll come watch the Salaceon Contest I'll be in. Bye Barry, I hope that Love Rival business works for you!" Cayla waved, heading down the road again.

"Me too." Barry murmured.