Chapter 11: Enlightenment

Kenny chuckled. "Alright, You can see Primplup, but I want too battle you. Just a quick practice battle. what do you think?"

Cayla blinked in surprise before smiling and nodding. "I don't mind but I'm afraid not right now." She glanced back at her sleeping trio. "They're really tired after working so hard."

Kenny nodded. "Yeah, I can tell. I'll come find you later then." With that he waved goodbye and headed into the Pokemon center.

Cayla relaxed herself with a exhale and stretched. "I wonder if mom even saw my performance." Suddenly, something struck her. "I forgot too call mom! She's going too ground me so hard." Cay whined too herself. She quickly returned her Pokemon and bolted too the Pokemon center phones. She put in the number and waited.

"CAYLA VALINTINE LORIAN!" Immediately came the outraged voice of her mother. "I told you too call me immediately after getting you Pokemon and what do you do?! You don't call me once! Not even after winning! Do you know how worried I was?!" Destany scolded, face twisted in worry. She calmed down. "You really did have me worried sweetheart. Even if you're on your journey now I'm still your mother! I didn't know if you were hurt, or possibly worse."

"I'm so sorry mom." Cayla bowed her head in shame. "You see, when I got to the lab the Pokemon had escaped so I didn't hit the road until later that I'd like. With everything happening and all the excitement I just forgot. I'm really sorry."

"I understand, but that doesn't mean your not still grounded the moment I see you!" She smiled at Cayla and winked. "So, how's your journey so far?"

"Great! I have three great Pokemon, and I absolutely love performing! It's so much fun!" Cayla gushed, her grey eyes shining with a light that Destany hadn't seen in her daughters eyes for quite a while. "I chose Chimchar mom, I named mine CC, and I caught a Pachirisu, he's named Pachi, oh! And just recently I caught Vaporeon, her name's Vapor!" Cayla suddenly remembered something. "Oh mom, can Pokemon speak?"

"What do you mean? I know some Pokemon have telepathy, and I heard about a talking Meowth once." Destany furrowed her brows.

"It's just...when I won my ribbon, I thought I heard Pachi and CC say something too me, no one else seemed too hear them. But, I haven't heard them since. Am I going crazy?" Cayla asked her mother, glancing up at her.

Destany smiled. "Cayla, you've always been more in tune with Pokemon, more than anyone I have ever met. I don't think you're going crazy. I think when you won the ribbon you and your Pokemon's heart were truly in sink so you were able too hear what they were saying. I think if you harness that, you could fully be able too talk too them. Of course I'm no expert."

Cay pulled out her Poke-Balls and stared at them. "So what you're saying is, at that point, we were connected."

"Thats what I believe. Yes." Destany nodded. "Oh yeah, your next contest in in Floaroma Town correct?"

"Hmm? Yes it is. Are you going too watch.?!" Cayla asked hopefully, grey eyes sparking.

"Of course I am. I can't wait too brag too all my friends!" She said matter o factually. "Speaking of which, I'm late. Stay safe, and get some sleep Cayla. You look really tired. Bye, Love you."

"Bye Mom. Love you!" Cayla waved and shut off the phone. She sighed and looked at her Poke-Balls with a thoughtful look in her eyes. "Connected huh?"

-Evening 4:20 pm-

Cayla watched her Pokemon run around with a sightly dazed look. She got a nap in, but now she was just thinking. "AH!" She squeaked, feeling something cold on her neck. "Kenny!" She sighed, looking up at the slightly older boy.

"Heh, sorry. I wanted too have our battle. Didn't mean too scare you!." He snickered.

"Right, battle." she stood up and stretched. "Pachi, CC, Vapor." She called. Immediately, the three Pokemon ran over. "One on one sound okay?" She asked with a smile.

"Sounds good too me." Kenny nodded and they walked over too the back yard battle area. "Prinplup." He tossed the ball up and out popped the beautiful light blue penguin Pokemon.

*Prinplup- The penguin Pokemon. Because every Prinplup considers itself to be the most important, they can never form a group.*

"Pachi Lets get this show started!" Cayla called. Pachi took his spot, meeting Prinplup's eyes with his own.

"Pachi, Use Discharge!" Cay called. Pachi fired a Discharge, pink bolts of electricity heading straight towards Prinplup.

"Metal Claw." Kenny motioned. Prinplup's wing glowed in a bright white light. It used it's wings and blocked the attack. "Use Bubble Beam!" The penguin Pokemon parted it's yellow beak. A stream of bouncing blue bubbles spun from the Pokemon's beak.

"Dodge and Use Sweet Kiss." Pachi jumped out of the way, jumped into the air. He raised his white paws and smooched them. Pink hearts stared raining down over the field.

"Drill Peck Prinplup! Hurry!" Kenny yelled. Prinplup's beak lip up, but it was too late, his beak lost it's light and its eyes became hearts before becoming swirly. It staggered slightly.

"Hyper Fang Pachi!" Pachi's fang grew long as he started running. Without any hesitation the electric type smacked into the water type. Pachi pulled away, panting heavily.

"Looks like I lost." Kenny sighed, returning his Pokemon too it's Poke-Ball. "Good battle."

"You too. Pachi, great work. Return." Pachi chirped, disappearing into the light. "Thanks for the battle Kenny."

Kenny nodded. "Next time we battle lets have it be on the stage." He held his hand out for a hand shake.

Cayla smiled brightly, and took his hand. "Alright!"