Chapter 15: Last Minute Departure

Cayla was speechless as she stared at the Pokemon egg. It was mostly a dark grey, with darker grey almost black at the bottom and darker red at the top, with two red dots on it.

"Your father sent it over from Unova, where he's working with Professor Junifer on Pokemon raising. "While this Pokemon will be yours, they want to see how a Pokemon from Unova, fairs in a different region. Up to the task?" Destany smiled, already knowing the answer.

"I'll take good care of it!" Cayla promised, hugging the incubator around the egg.

"I also I had an Idea." Destany said, catching her daughter's attention again. "I'm going to go visit my brother in Johto, would you like to come with? We can have you back to Sinnoh by the time Hearthrome contest pops up. It would be a great way to catch some new Pokemon, and train the one's you have in a new environment."

Cayla looked at the Pokemon Egg as she thought before nodding. "Alright, as long as you can get me back to Sinnoh for the Hearthrome Contest." She grinned.

Destany nodded. "Come on then, we have a late flight to catch than!"

Cayla giggled and followed after her mother.

-----One Flight To Johto Later-----

Cayla yawned as they stepped off the plain. She had the Pokemon egg, who she called Zero on a whim, in her arms as they stepped off the Plain, and headed towards the door. "Violet City." Cayla yawned out, reading a sign. She was exhausted and could barely walk on her feet.

"Oh, there he is. Falkner!" Destany raised her arm and waved back and fourth excitingly as a spiky haired man looked up, beside him was a Pidgeot. Cayla followed her mother, forcing her eyes to stay open. "Long time no see!" Destany smiled, pulling the shorter man into a hug. "This is Cayla, my daughter."

"Nice to meet you sir." Cayla yawned, hiding her open mouth with her hand.

Falkner chuckled. "Nice to meet you, Des I think we should get her to a room before she passes out. Ever ride a Pidgeot Cayla?" He smirked self ridiculously.

"No." Cayla shook her head shyly, putting Zero in her back pack so it could stay safe.

"Pidgeot will Fly you home, You wanted to shop anyway didn't you?" Falkner asked Destany.

"You know me so well." Destany grinned at her brother.

"Here are the key's, let yourself in." Falkner handed her a house key with a Hoothoot handle. He leaned down and picked his niece up, setting her on Pidgeott's back. "Take her home Pidgeott." Falkner said after making sure Cayla wouldn't fall.

The ride to the Violet City Gym was amazing! Cayla forgot just how tired she was, looking around the city as Pidgeott flew around. Cayla giggled when the Magnificent Pokemon flew through the clouds, tickling her. Pidgeott then cooed in amusement, and pride that it made her laugh. Pidgeott landed at the front doors of the Gym, and Cayla slid off.

"Thank you for the ride Pidgeott." Cayla smiled, petting it's beak gently before turning and unlocking the house/Gym. Even though it was her uncle's place, and she did have permission, it still felt weird letting herself in. She peaked into the gym and was bombarded with Flying type Pokemon. "Ah!" She squeaked.

"Noctowl!"

"Do!"

"Swellow!"

"Fearow!"

"Hey that tickles!" Cayla giggled, pushing the beaks away as they nuzzled her.

"Pidgot!" Pidgeott flapped his wings at the other Pokemon. They all broke it up and Cayla smiled at them before yawning.

"He never told me which room I should go to..." Cayla realized and walked over to sit on the floor. After she sat down Swellow, and Dodrio laid beside her. Cayla smiled and leaned into their warm feathers. One by one the Flying Pokemon gathered around and Cayla fell asleep, nestled in their wings.