Chapter 14: Water Type Mashup!

Before her Battle Cayla changed into her Lolita style blue dress with Wailords and other water type themes on it, just too match Vapor in all her blue glory. Honestly, Cayla was a bit scared, Dawn was her friends, and she wanted dawn too get her first ribbon, but Cayla still didn't want to lose.

"Por?" Vapor looked up at Cay in worry. Since she was battling she wasn't wearing her new bandanna.

"We can't lose!" Cayla said, clenching her hands. "Vapor, we're going too try our hardest. Dawn's our friend but we can't go easy on her!"

"Por!" Vapor nodded, purple eyes shining.

"Dawn, and Cayla please head to the battle field." An announcement sounded.

"Vapor, return." Cayla sighed before smacking her cheeks with white gloved hands. "Alright!" She smiled, heading too her side of the field.

"On this side we wave Dawn, and the other we have Cayla!" Marian called out. "That being said; Lets Get Busy!"

"Piplup, Spot Light!" Dawn sang out, throwing up Piplup's Poke-Ball. Piplup jumped out, shiny clear bubbles swirling around it.

"Vapor, Lets get this show started!" Cayla tossed up Vapor's Poke-Ball. Vapor jumped out, doing a flip as stars flew around her from the seal before she landed on her paws.

"Piplup verses Vaporeon! It's a water type mashup!" The MC informed the crowd.

"Vapor, lets start of with Haze!" Cayla pointed at the field.

"Por!" Vopor cooed before releasing a heavy Haze, and hiding within it.

"I can't see!" Dawn started too panic, as did Piplup.

"Pip!"

"And Cayla starts things off with a beautiful Haze! And Vaporeon's vanished!" Marian called out, with that Dawn lost points.

"I know! Piplup, use Whirlpool to sweep away the Haze." Dawn finally ordered out.

"Pip!" Piplup noded. Focusing, the penguin swirled together the Haze, making the Whirlpool turn a pretty silvery blue. This time Cayla's points dropped.

"Vapor, use Shadow Ball!" Vapor made three huge Shadow Balls, hitting them with her tail, firing them at the Whirlepool, shattering it before it could hit Vapor. The spray flushed against the Vaporeon's blue body, causing it to sparkle, and Dawn too lose points. "Now Acid Armor." Vapor vanished, it's body melting into the wet spray. Again Dawn lost points. "Shadow Ball again!"

"Por!" Vapor reappeared, firing a Shadow Ball at Piplup from behind.

"Piplup use Bubblebeam, send it back!" Dawn called out. Piplup spun around, firing the Bubble Beam and sending the Shadow Ball back at Vapor. Vapor jumped out of the way, but Cayla still lost points.

"Hydro Pump!" Cayla called out, gritting her teeth as she chanced a glance at the clock and points

"Eon!" Vapor opened her mouth, a large burst of water bursting out.

"Peck Piplup!" Dawn pointed at Vapor.

"Lup!" Piplup jumped onto the Hydro Pump, running across it as it's beak started too glow white.

"Poreon!" Vapor mewled in pain as Piplup smashed into her. Cayla lost points again.

"Shadow Ball!" Cayla called as Vapor jumped away.

"Eon!" Vapor built up the Shadow Ball, ready to fire-

"And Times UP!" Marian sounded, a loud pop sounding.

Cayla looked up and her heart fell. She lost. They lost. The raven haired girl crouched down, looking at Vapor. "Sorry Vaporeon, we lost." She mumbled, forcing her bright smile.

"Por." 'I wasn't strong enough. Sorry.' Vapor frowned, leaning into her shoulder pets.

"No, I'm sorry. We just have too train harder. Lets go change so you can get a nice rest." Cayla stood up and walked back stage. She knew they weren't inadvisable, but losing still made her heart ache. Was this normal? She wondered.

After changing into her usual clothes, and feeding CC, Pachi, and Vapor, Cayla watched the rest of the contest. Dawn and Kenny went up against each other, and it was such a beautiful battle(See Episode 27 of Pokemon: Diamond and Pearl). Cayla was glad that Dawn won, really she did! But still, her chest was aching, her smile was fake, and her eyes stung from trying not to cry.

Cayla bid the others goodbye, and though it was getting dark she wanted too get a head on setting up her camp. She barely left the Pokemon Center when a hand on her shoulder stopped her. Turning, shock took over the other feelings. "MOM!" Cayla nearly screamed, in a split second she jumped into her mother's arms, hugging her. "You're here!"

"I am." The older woman chuckled, patting her head. "All three of you did wonderful out there, my darling Cayla." She soothed. "And it is okay to cry every once in a while you know."

Cayla smiled but slowly it crumbled. "We tried so hard!" She started sobbing into her mother's chest. "CC and and Vapor worked so hard! And Pachi helped us so much! But-But~"

"I know." Destany shushed, playing with her hair.

After a good cry, they headed back into the Pokemon Center too talk. Destany sipped some tea, while Cayla had water. "I didn't know you were coming."

"Hehe, I didn't want too worry you." Destany teased, "But I did come too see you for a reason. Your father called the other day, and sent a gift for you. Said he was sorry he couldn't see you off, or give it too you himself." She pulled open her bag and pulled out a container with a round object in it.

"Is that...A Pokemon Egg?!" Cayla's eyes widened.