Can We Talk?

"Aaahhhhh!" I shrieked.

In my attempt to avoid getting hit, I lost my balance and fell.

I opened my eyes and sighed a breath of relief that the bicycle had stopped a few inches away.

"Gwaenchana-yo?" I heard a familiar voice.

"Mianhaeyo," he ran towards me and offered his hand to me.

I tilted my head up to check who he was, but only saw a glimpse of the lower half of his face because my cap was blocking my vision. Nevertheless, I took his hand and got up.

He was wearing a big bucket hat that almost covered his face. I leaned in to get a peek at his face and couldn't be more surprised when our eyes met.

"Jungkook?" "Chaeyoung?" we blurted almost at the same time.

Our eyes widened as we stared at each other without speaking a word.

"Y-Your knee!" he said breaking the momentary silence.

"Huh?" I asked bewildered for a moment. I followed his gaze and realized that I scraped my knee. I winced as I finally felt the pain.

It was a bad idea to wear shorts after all. I'm sure I'll get a scolding from manager unnie when she finds out.

"Don't worry, it's just a scratch. I'm going back to the dorm anyways." I said calmly as I took a step away from him.

"Wait!" I heard him say just before I turned my heel to leave.

I stopped and then turned my head to him.

"Are you sure you're ok?" he asked.

I just nodded in reply.

"Can I at least treat your wound?" his eyes were pleading and I knew he was being serious.

I hesitated for a moment.

"Okay, if you say so," I reluctantly agreed.

How bad could it be? I mean your ex treating your wound?

"Great! He led me first on the bench. "Wait for me, I'll be right back." Then quickly left.

After a few minutes, he came back with a first aid kit.

"Where did you get that?" I asked.

"I bought it at a convenience store nearby."

He bent his legs and checked my knee with furrowed brows. "How much does it hurt?"

I answered him showing "a bit" hand sign.

While he was turning all his attention to my scraped knee, I took a few moments to discreetly study him. He was wearing just a black jacket and gray sweatpants, his bucket hat now removed from his head.

Gosh, why is he gorgeous?

"Done!" he stood up and then flashed his bunny smile which made my heart flutter.

"You didn't have to, but thanks!" I gave a shy smile.

"Uhmmm, Chae, c-can we...uhmmm talk?" he asked hesitantly.