The Dare

Slowly, Jungkook leaned forward and whispered in her ear. "I dare you to tell me the truth from the game earlier." Chaeyoung shivered as she felt his warm breath.

"N-ne?" she stuttered. "Yah! Why should I?"

"Because that's my dare," he simply said.

Confusion was written all over Chaeyoung's pretty face.

"Looks like you're refusing so I'm gonna have to kiss you now." Jungkook slowly moved his head towards her.

"Why are you doing this with me?" she muttered which made Jungkook stop. "You should really call your girlfriend."

"How many times should I tell you that she's not my f**ing girlfriend?" he said in annoyance.

"Oh, really? So you just allow a girl to be close to you like that?" she scoffed. "You didn't even try to deny when she called herself your girlfriend in front of me!"

Jungkook's brow raised. "Why, Chaeyoung-ah? Were you jealous?"

"I'm just stating a fact, Jungkook!" she quickly defended. "Don't twist my words."

Jungkook leaned in closer once again. "So you're not" he paused, "jealous," he said with a mocking expression.

"What do you want me to say?" she snapped, "that I was jealous? Huh?" she gave him a death glare.

"Woah, why are---" he tried to say but she cut him off immediately.

"So what If I was!" she yelled with tears brimming at the corner of her eyes. "What are you gonna do about it?" her face was red. "I hate that I'm feeling this way when I don't have the right to. But I feel what I feel and it's none of your bus--"

Jungkook just stared at her lips and in a split second, he crashed her lips with his cutting off whatever she wanted to say. He held her face in place as the other hand caressed her back up and down.

She involuntarily wrapped her arms around his neck as she responded to his demanding kiss. After they broke the kiss, they stared at each other while heaving.

Upon the realization of what had happened, they instantly pulled away from each as if they had just felt an electric shock.

Then awkwardness suddenly filled the atmosphere making both of them look away. Jungkook however, found the courage to speak. "I-I told you, I'm... I'm gonna kiss you if you don't do the dare."

Chaeyoung's eyes snapped back to him. Still embarrassed at her shameful action, she slowly started to walk away.
"I need to head back now."

"So you're gonna leave me just like that again?" Jungkook snickered which stopped her from walking away further.

"Don't worry, I've gotten used to it by now." he continued with sarcasm in his tone.

Chaeyoung turned to look at Jungkook. Her heart tightened when she saw the hurt in his eyes. "I'm sorry." she muttered softly, her head hung low. Tears she'd been holding started to stream down her face.

Jungkook saw her tears and automatically lifted her head to wipe the tears away.

"I don't like seeing you cry." he said casually. Chaeyoung sniffed and tried to calm herself but Jungkook being gentle to her despite everything made her cry even more.

"I'm sorry I made you cry." he said when Chaeyoung struggled for words. "C'mon let's go back, maybe they're looking for us already."

As he turned away, Chaeyoung suddenly hugged him from the back which put him to an abrupt stop.

"I'm doing this while I still have the courage to do so." She said while still holding him. "Jungkook-ah, I never wanted to leave you, but I had to." She sniffed. Jungkook remained still while feeling her warm tears on his shirt. "I felt like dying when I realized what I had done but I've learned to live through the pain and guilt every day." She continued her heartfelt confession while he choked as he tried to hold back his own tears. "I've reached my dreams but it felt empty..empty without you."

Jungkook turned around to face her. His heart broke seeing her cry and so he wrapped his arms around her while giving a comforting pat on her back. "Sshhh... Please stop crying."

She pulled away and looked him in the eyes. "Tell me Jungkook-ah that it's not too late for us," she said tearfully. "But if it is---"

Jungkook put his finger on her lips to shut her while shaking his head. "I've waited for this moment." a smile formed on his lips. Then, he wiped the remaining tears on her face and enveloped her in his warm embrace.

A/N

A few more chapters and this story will come to its conclusion. Hope you liked this update. 😘