Not in the Mood

It's been 2 days since we arrived in Korea and I still haven't talked to Chaeyoung even on the phone. I understand that she's currently busy which she told me about last time but I didn't like the feeling of not having to talk to her at all. So I took the only thing that would possibly connect me to her, my phone.

 So I took the only thing that would possibly connect me to her, my phone

After a few hours of trying without succeeding, I felt like giving up already

After a few hours of trying without succeeding, I felt like giving up already. Until she finally responded.

I was taken aback by how cold her response was

I stared at my phone screen still perplexed.

Why is she suddenly like this? We were good the last time we talked weren't we? She sounded weird though.

Hold on, I remembered she sounded like she was crying. Was she really crying that time? What happened?

I squeezed the bridge of my nose as these thoughts came flashing to me making me even more upset than I already am.

Maybe she was just not feeling well until now. I remember her saying she had a runny nose. Yes, maybe that's the reason.

I checked my phone and still, there was no response and it was already 12:02 am. I let out a long sigh as I typed her another message.

The following day was a busy day for me and my hyungs

The following day was a busy day for me and my hyungs. We had interviews here and there and although there were a lot of things to fill in my day, my mind would constantly go to Chaeyoung.

"Jungkook-ah would you like some ramen?" Jimin hyung called out, pulling me from my trance.

"I'm not hungry hyung." I said dismissively as I remained lying down on the couch playing with my phone.

"Yah! Is that you Jungkookie?" Hobi hyung's eyes widened.

"What?" I said snapping my head to him.

"We had a lot of activities the whole day and we barely had time to eat properly and you're telling me you're not hungry?" he shook his head and clicked his tongue.

I ignored his remark and carried on playing with my phone.

"Jungkook-ah, get your ass up and eat." Jin hyung demanded as he handed me a bowl of ramen.

"Ah, Hyung..." I whined without looking at him.

"Quickly!" he yelled. "If you don't eat I'm gonna shove this into your mouth!"

"No hyung! He wants his girlfriend to do that instead." V hyung interjected, then the rest of the members cackled. My face fell instantly.

"Let me have it." I pouted as I reached for the bowl and forcefully feed myself.

The laughter was short-lived when they noticed my "I'm so done" face. Jimin hyung then came to my side and patted my head. "Our Jungkookie is not in the mood today."

I remained eating silently as if I heard nothing.

"Kook-ah, something bothering you?" V hyung asked.

"Nothing hyung." I denied. "I'm just tired." Well, I didn't lie about the latter though.

Jimin hyung continued patting my head and gave a comforting squeeze on my shoulder. "Eat well, Jungkookie." He then stood up and went to the kitchen to do the dishes. Hobi hyung gave a comforting smile as he pinched my cheek then went on to follow Jimin hyung. RM hyung patted my back while Suga hyung patted the top of my head before they went to their studios to work on something.

"JK, hyung loves you." Jin hyung gave me a flying kiss before he went to his room.

I remained nonchalant as I continued eating the ramen. My hyungs are total crackheads but I'm thankful that they know exactly when to annoy me or comfort me.

"Kook, spill it." V hyung who hadn't left demanded.

I paused as I looked at him with a confused expression. "What?"

"What do you mean "what"? he glowered. "You want to be smacked in the head?"

I knew that my hyungs could see right through me and it was annoying sometimes. So, I finished my ramen and placed the empty bowl on the small table in front before turning to face him.

"It's Chaeyoung." I muttered softly not looking him in the eyes for I was afraid he would see the sadness in mine.

Then I began to confide in him while he just sat there with me, silently listening.

"Don't worry, Kook. Chaeyoung must have a good reason." he squeezed my shoulder. "Everything will be fine. Don't give up."

"I hope so," I responded.

"Stop frowning, it doesn't look good on you," he said trying to lighten up my mood.

I smiled weakly. "Thanks, hyung." I patted his shoulder. "You're the best."

V hyung plastered a wide grin. "Of course, I am!" he said proudly smacking his chest lightly.

I gave a soft chuckle seeing his weird facial expression.

He then stood up and grabbed my arm. "Let's go work out. You promised me last time."

I'm really bad at refusing requests so I stood up and allowed myself to be dragged by my hyung.