Weird Phone Call

JK

"How's the date, Kookie-ah?" V hyung, who's playing Overwatch asked me after I spent the afternoon with Chaeyoung.

"Huh?" 

He stopped his game and turned to me. "Look at yourself. You look like a blushing teenage boy after a date with his girlfriend."

"It wasn't a date hyung."

"What was it then?"

I remained silent.

"Considering she's your ex," he raised a brow. "I think you're acting unusually. And I seriously believe that you can never be friends with your ex unless...."

"Unless...." I prompted.

"Unless you're still in love with her or didn't really love her at all...so, which one is it?" he wiggled his brows.

I creased my forehead. "Woah! Where did you learn about that, hyung?"

"Tsk, you're underestimating me. Remember, I'm 2 years older than you!" He gently smacked my head.

I just gave him a sideways glance while cocking my brows.

"Ok, then!" Hyung threw his arms in the air. "Go figure it out yourself. She's a beautiful woman. Even I would want her."

"What?" I snapped and glared at him and later regretted my overreaction.

"Just kidding! Relax." He smirked at me while patting my shoulder. He then went back to playing Overwatch like nothing happened while I was left with his words echoing in my head.

I made my way to my room and dropped myself on the bed. This would've been easier if we were in a different situation, but we are idols and we couldn't just act recklessly and impulsively. Ultimately, I didn't want Chaeyoung to get hurt in the process.

"No way....." I heaved a deep sigh. 

Rose

Later in the evening...

"So how's your date with your ex?" Lisa came to me.

"Yah, it wasn't a date. And stop emphasizing that he's my ex." I turned the TV on and plopped myself on the sofa.

Lisa chuckled as she sat beside me.

She cocked her brow while she turned to me. "So is there any progress between you two?"

"What do you mean progress?" I asked without leaving my eyes off the TV.

When I heard no response, I turned to her and saw her serious face that shows an are-you kidding-me expression.

"What do you want me to say?"

"Uhm...how about admitting that you still like him as a start?"

I averted my eyes from her and didn't dare to respond.

"No, let me change that, you still love him." Lisa pressed the issue more.

I let out a long sigh before I turned to face her. "M-Maybe? I-I don't know Lis. I don't want to think about that."

"What are you afraid of? The company? The fans?"

I remained silent while Lisa continued. "Chaeyoungie, I can tell by the way he looks at you that he doesn't only see you as a friend." Lisa patted my shoulder gently.

Just when I was about to say something, my phone rang. I looked at the screen and repressed a smile upon seeing who the caller was not noticing that Lisa saw it too.

She grinned at me and poked my side. "Go ahead, answer your boyfriend. You have my permission."

"Aish!" I quickly left and made my way to my room.

"Hello? Kookie-ah." I greeted him brightly while walking towards my bed.

"Are you busy?" His voice was low and sounded serious.

I sat on the bed and answered. "No. Why?"

"Nothing. I just want to talk."

"Ohhhhh kayyy..... We were just together a few hours ago, right?"

"Y-Yeah...but uhmm... Chaeyoung-ah, I'm really thankful to have you back as my friend."

"Uhum....so am I." I paused. "Why are we talking about this?"

 "Nothing. I was wondering if maybe you wanted to be more than just friends?"

"Huh??" I blurted. Too surprised about his sudden question. "Wha--"

"Just kidding!" He cut me off and chuckled. "I'm glad we're friends."

Honestly, I was kinda disappointed when he said that because deep inside, I knew I wanted more.

"So is that what you called me for?" I asked in annoyance.

"Yes...I guess so. By the way, see you on Saturday!"

"Saturday?"

"Well, aren't you joining the 97 liners special performance? We have rehearsals on Saturday."

"Oh, that! Yeah yeah... Lisa and I will be joining."

"Great! Oh, Chaeyoung-ah, my hyungs are calling me. I have to go. Bye!" He ended the call before I could even say goodbye.

"Well, that was....weird.." I muttered to myself. I sighed and tossed my phone on the bed.

A/N

Sorry, it took me a while to update. I've been busy with work and fangirling at the same time. Please bear with me. Thank you to those who voted for the previous chapters. It meant a lot. 😘