Surprise Party

Time Skip

Chaeyoung's gaze was glued on stage, watching the biggest boyband in the world perform an encore after winning the daesang. Four years later and they're still slaying here and there. They've come a long way since they debuted and Chaeyoung couldn't be more proud. Though she could only cheer for them in the corner, she contented herself just watching them, especially her Kookie from afar. Four long and painful years but she had gotten better at tolerating it somehow.

He was on fire on stage. He danced and sang his heart out as he looked at their screaming fans holding up army bombs that lit like an ocean of purple lights. He was thankful and he couldn't be any happier. But glancing at the corner where Chaeyoung was sitting with her members while watching them perform reminded him of that hollow feeling inside him.

He was devastated when they parted and every day was a death struggle to go on with his life. But, his passion for music and his hyungs' support somehow gave him strength, and here they are now living a life of superstardom.

In four years, Blackpink had made a name for themselves, too. They quickly became one of the most famous Kpop girl groups in the world. Chaeyoung had finally reached her dreams. She should be happy but she can't help but feel that empty feeling inside her.

********************************

"Jennie-ya, how's the cake I ordered? Has it arrived?" Jisoo shouted. She wiped her sweat while sprinting around the room making sure everything was good from the decorations to the food and beverages.

"Lisa and Rosie, you'll be in-charge of the party poppers." She instructed. "The lights will be turned off and once it turns back on, that's your cue to pop."

Jisoo was fixing the letters that formed "HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIN" when a group of boys came in. Jisoo turned her head toward their direction and formally greeted them.

She invited them a week ago to join in the surprise party for their eldest hyung. This was their first official meeting since Jin and she got together 3 months ago, a few months after the girls' dating ban had been lifted. The news of them getting together was quite a surprise for both groups since no one really suspected that they would become a couple. As for the fans, they didn't know yet but they weren't planning on keeping it a secret for long.

When Chaeyoung heard BTS's arrival, she stiffened. She knew BTS would be joining them but now that the day had come, she suddenly wanted to run. Lisa and Jennie on the other hand gave a concerned look at Chaeyoung before they turned to meet and greet the visitors.

Jeon Jungkook watched Chaeyoung smile at his hyungs except for him. He should be used to it since, for the past years, they've just given each other awkward nods and smiles whenever Blackpink and BTS came together on award shows. But this was the first time in a very long time that they met outside work and been in the same room longer.

Soon, the party started. Jin was happy about the surprise orchestrated by Jisoo.

"Jagiya, thank you!" Jin exclaimed as he hugged his girlfriend in front of their friends which earned them a great deal of teasing. Though Chaeyoung was happy for Jisoo, her smile didn't reach her eyes. She glanced at the boy who was staring blankly and wondered what he was thinking about.

Later on, everyone had already loosened up. Chaeyoung sipped a cup of wine as she watched her unnies and Lisa chatting with the visitors.

"Hey, why are you not joining them?" She heard someone say. She glanced at her side and saw Taehyung smiling at her. She greeted him formally and smiled.

Jungkook on the other side of the room saw Chaeyoung talking to Taehyung. He stared at her smiling at his hyung and wondered if he would ever be the reason for that smile again. Though he loved his hyung, he couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy at the scene he was witnessing. He let out a heavy sigh and gulped down a cup of wine.

Chaeyoung's feet brought her to the terrace away from the noise inside, only the sound of crickets resonating in the dark night. With her eyes closed, she felt the cold wind embracing her body as memories of the past haunted her. A tear escaped from her eye as the mixture of emotions overwhelmed her.

"What are you doing all alone here?" A familiar male voice said. She quickly wiped the tear away and faced the approaching man.

A/N

So yeah, they've survived four years of not being together. 😔
Are they still the same people after? Do they still feel the same? Will they resume their love story or decide to finally conclude it?
These are questions that will be addressed in the next chapters.

I will be updating at least once a week, but it depends on whether I have time or not. Please extend your patience. Thank you all for reading! 😘