Don't Go

Chaeyoung turned to the man walking in her direction. "I'm here to take you inside." He said with a faint smile as he stopped a few meters away from her.

"No one needs me there," she said and turned away.

"But I do," he muttered which was barely audible. Chaeyoung snapped her head back to him and yelped in surprise when Jungkook closed the distance between them. She could smell alcohol mixed with his scent which was intoxicating.

She stared at those beautiful brown eyes, lost for a moment then stepped back a little and released a breath she didn't know she'd been holding.

"Are you drunk?" she asked him.

He smiled at her. "No, just tipsy."

"Then you better not drink anymore or else---"

"Or else what?" he cut her off as he closed their distance once more.

"Y-yah!" she faintly exclaimed as she awkwardly stepped back from him, her palm unconsciously landing on his chest. "W-what do you want?"

Before he could say anything, a girl's voice from behind interrupted them. "Oppa, there you are!"

Both of them moved away from each other and turned their attention toward a pretty young girl. The girl linked her arms with Jungkook's and smiled sweetly at him. "I've been looking for you. Sorry, I'm late."

Chaeyoung's forehead creased as she stared at their linked arms.

"Nancy, I'll join you later. I'm still having a conversation with Chaeyoung." Jungkook told the girl.

"Oops! Sorry! Didn't notice you there!" Nancy blurted as she noticed Chaeyoung. "Hi, I'm Nancy, his girlfriend!" the girl smiled and extended her hand toward Chaeyoung.

"Rose," she responded with a cold smile and shook Nancy's hand.

"Oppa, I'll wait for you inside. Please don't be long." Nancy said cutely before walking away. Jungkook nodded at the girl and turned to face a poker-faced Chaeyoung.

"Why don't you join her now? Don't make your girlfriend wait." Chaeyoung said indifferently.

"Do you really want me to leave?" Jungkook asked.

Chaeyoung averted her eyes without answering him.

"She's not my girlfriend. She's Hobi hyung's little sister. She's just---" He clarified.

"You don't need to explain to me." she cut him off, still not looking at him. Jungkook reached for her face and turned it to face him.

"Then why is your face like that?" he asked.

Still feeling annoyed at her own reaction, she removed her face from Jungkook's hand. "Gosh Jungkook, not everything is about you."

"I know," Jungkook replied. His face was suddenly somber. Noticing the change in his tone, Chaeyoung looked at him and felt instant regret.

"Everything is not about me. If it was, you would've chosen me," he said, his head hung low.

Chaeyoung was suddenly speechless, and the feeling of guilt came rushing in head-on. She held back the tears that were starting to form. Her hands were itching to reach for him but she clenched her fists instead.

He turned on his heels, about to go back inside. Chaeyoung suddenly panicked.

"Please don't go." she finally found her voice.

"You don't have to feel guilty about it," he muttered. "I totally understand." He walked away from her with slumped shoulders while she sadly watched his retreating figure. She finally felt what Jungkook must've felt when she walked away from him 4 years ago.

A/N

Sorry, I only managed a short update.

So you see, I added a new character here. Don't worry, she's not a threat, or is she? 🤔🤔

Hehehe... All I can say is that the next chapters will be a turning point for both Jungkook and Chaeyoung. Please stay tuned! 😁😁😁💜💜💜