Lovebirds

The Day of the Performance

Rose

"Hey!" someone suddenly appeared and hugged me from behind. I smiled as I recognized his familiar scent and voice. As he pulled away, I turned my body to face him. I melted upon seeing his bunny smile which I loved the most. Then, I suddenly remembered where we were.

My gaze went instantly towards the door. "Jungkook-ah, how did you get in here? Someone might see us." I said in a tight voice.

A smirk formed on his lips. "So what? I don't care!" He reached for me and pulled me closer to him. My eyes widened and before I could say anything he instantly said, "Don't worry, Lisa's outside." cocking his head toward the door.

I let out a sigh of relief and pinched his arm. "You, little brat!"

"Oww!" he yelped rubbing his arm.

"Wait, you made Lisa a security guard?" I asked with wide eyes. "Unbelievable!" I softly giggled.

He rested his hands on my hips and said with a pout, "But I just wanna see you before our performance." 

I couldn't help but smile. It's hard to resist him when he's being cute and sweet like this. I wrapped my arms around his neck and tilted my head to look at him. "Are you nervous?"

"Not any more now that I've seen your face." he grinned.

"Oh???" I raised my brows. "Well, you can always have me if you want." I playfully said.

He flashed a mischievous smile. "Sure about that, baby?" He suddenly moved his hands around my waist jerking me forward towards him. My eyes widened in complete surprise as I felt the electricity running through my body.

I flinched and quickly looked away. "Yah! Jungkook-ah!"

He loosened his hold on me and chuckled. "Omo! Chaeyoung-ah, why is your face red?"

"What? No!" I held my face and denied it. "You just surprised me that's all." 

"I can't blame you though, with a face like this?" he said with a teasing expression.

I pushed his chest gently with my hands and chuckled. "You are so full of yourself!"

"Don't you agree?" he pouted. "Chae, you wound me!" he clutched his chest pretending to be hurt while I just stared at his handsome face.

"This cute bunny is MINE."  I smiled at my own thought.

"Aigoo... the baby is pouting." I teased. "Come here." I opened my arms and wrapped them around his body resting my head on his chest. He hugged me back and nuzzled my neck. "I'm not a baby, you know," he muttered.  

I pulled away to look at him. "Really? Baby, there's nothing you can say that will convince me otherwise."

Then he suddenly pulled away and put his hands between my face. My eyes widened and before I could recover, he brought my face closer and pressed his lips to mine. Before I could respond, the door swung open so we pulled away from each other instantaneously. I struggled to compose myself as I felt the heat on my face.

"Oops!" Lisa exclaimed. "Sorry to interrupt your....you know... but we have to get going. It's our turn to perform." Lisa exclaimed. "Jungkook-ssi, better get going too while the coast is still clear outside."

Jungkook and I looked at each other. He turned to me and rubbed my arms up and down and heaved a sigh before leaning into my ears. "See you later, jagiya." he whispered. I smiled and stared at him. Lisa cleared her throat breaking the contact.

Jungkook flashed his bunny smile once again then reluctantly walked towards the door. He waved his hand and left. As soon as he was gone, I turned my head to Lisa and saw her smirking at me. "What?" I asked innocently.

"Tell me, how was it?" she leaned in closer.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said nonchalantly.

"Ha! Don't even think I didn't see you eating each other's faces!"

"No, we were not!" I quickly denied. "because you interrupted us!" I whined.

Lisa's eyes widened. "So if I hadn't come in... you will... Omo!" she covered her mouth with her hand.

"Stop!" I covered my ears. Lisa then burst into laughter.

We were interrupted by a knock on the door. A staff peered inside telling us to proceed backstage as we were the next ones to perform. We immediately made our way outside to join the other 97-liner performers. We bowed to them before I went over and stood next to Jungkook who casually greeted me like how an acquaintance would. "Ready Rose-ssi?" he asked.  "Ne! Good luck to us!" I responded. I almost laughed at how formal he was. Good thing I was able to stop myself.

Then it was our time to perform. I breathed in and out to calm my nerves before I stepped out on stage with Jungkook. We heard the loud cheer from the fans and I also spotted BTS and my members cheering for us in the audience. As soon as the music started playing, I put on my sweetest smile as we began to dance and sing.