Drunk Call

2 months later

Out in the car window I stared at the tall building adorned with purple lights. On the other side was a big LED TV showing BTS' music videos. He's literally everywhere.

2 months passed by swiftly and yet it felt so fresh in my memory. The way he looked so defeated and hugged me tightly before he let me go will always haunt me. I still couldn't imagine how I was able to walk away without turning back. God knows how much pain I tried to endure that day and until now, the pain hasn't gone away. I know I disappointed myself and most especially the person I love, Jungkook. It was already our second chance but fate wasn't in our favor.

The only thing that kept me going was the hope that someday all this pain will be worth it and everything will be alright between us.

"Rosie, we're here." Jisoo unnie's voice took me out of my reverie.

"Oh!" I jerked in my seat. "Ne!" I quickly got off the car and marched my way inside the dorm. I plopped down on my bed, tired from work. I took my phone out to check my Twitter (Yes, I got my phone back after I ended my relationship with Jungkook). I looked through the trending list and saw the hashtag #OnlyThenJungkook at number 1. Curious, I clicked on it and browsed through the tweet and retweets of a link to Jungkook's cover of Only Then which he posted on his Twitter captioned-- A song from my heart.

I stared at it for a moment then with shaky hands clicked the play button.

The song enveloped me in a warm embrace as each word struck my heart. I only noticed my tears when it concluded.

His voice had always been my weakness and I started to regret listening to it because it made me miss him even more. I felt his arms around me while he was singing it to me directly only to find out that it was just a glimpse of my imagination. I bit my lips from the realization that he was no longer mine and it was because of my own doing.

Third Person POV

Jungkook gulped down the last bottle of soju as he blankly stared at the increasing number of likes and retweets of the video he just posted.

He let out a heavy sigh and lazily rested his head on the headboard. He rubbed his head as he felt the effect of alcohol in his system. Still holding his phone, he carelessly dialed someone's number and placed it near his ear while it rang.

After a few rings, Chaeyoung picked up the phone. She nervously stayed quiet, waiting for Jungkook to speak first.

"Heyyyy," Jungkook hiccupped. "Chae" he hiccupped again. "Chae young-ah!"

She creased her brows as she listened to Jungkook who was barely able to talk properly. He's drunk, she figured.

"Yah, why ishh thish thing not work.. king! " he stammered as he checked his phone. He then put it back to his ear and repeatedly called out Chaeyoung's name.

Chaeyoung remained silent all throughout. She just listened to him blabbering about random things while trying her best to hold herself back.

"Yah, are you still there?" He said with a loud sigh.

There was a short pause before he, in his drunken state, began singing the last part of the song he just uploaded.

Whether you want it or not, I'm going to hold onto you
When I get too tired that I can't even walk
When that time comes, when it's that time
Only then we can break up

She silently sobbed as tears ran down her face.

"Yah, I miss you... " he muttered after. "I want to hear your voice... please.. My heart hurts, Chaeyoung-ah." She heard a slight crack in his voice.

"I miss you too.. So much." she wanted to say, but instead, she bit her lips to stop herself from saying those exact words. She knew the moment she let her guard down, she would come running back to him which would make others, besides herself unhappy.

He went on making unintelligible noises. Then, moments later he went silent and all she could hear was his even breathing. She waited for a few more seconds until she was convinced he had fallen asleep.

"I miss you too," Chaeyoung whispered. "Sleep well, my Kookie." then with a heavy heart she ended the call.

"Please wait a little longer for me, Jungkook-ah." She muttered as she stared at her phone as if Jungkook could still hear her.

She knew after that call, it would be a long and torturing night for her.

A/N

Hi! It's been a long time! 🤗 I hope you're still around to give this some support. I can't promise to update often because I'm busy with work and all but I will for sure not leave this story hanging. I hope you understand. 😘