Roses for Rose

Later after the award show, Jungkook called me to explain everything. He said he was sorry and that he would make up for it. Two days after, he sent me a bouquet of red roses with my favorite Ferrero chocolate included in it. I held it towards me and smelled the fresh flowers. The message read:

To: Chaeyoungie

I'm sorry.

From: JK

"OMG! Rosie, who's that from?" Lisa squealed when she saw me holding the bouquet

"From Jungkook," I said passively not giving away anything. I walked past her.

"Whaattttt????" I stifled a laugh at her reaction. She followed behind me and held my arm to stop me. 

"No, no, stop right there Rose!" She walked right in front of me with her hands on her hips.

"What is the meaning of this?" she brought her face closer, and her eyebrows furrowed.

"What do you mean?" I could feel my face heating up.

"I think you know exactly what I'm talking about."

"What's going on here?" Jisoo unnie and Jennie unnie appeared. Their eyes went back and forth between the bouquet of roses and me.

"It's from Jungkook." Lisa told them. 

All their eyes were on me.

"Yes, it is. What's wrong with it?"

"I remember some weeks ago, someone was sulking because her "friend" is ignoring her." Lisa cocked her head to the side while scratching her chin.

"Unnies...Lisa... Jungkook and I are okay now. And we're still friends. This is just his sorry gift for me."

"Then why do you sound..... sad?" Lisa teased me.

"Yah! I'm not sad, okay!"

"Yeah...yeah, now go to your room and calm yourself. Your face is red all over I'm afraid you'd burst." Jisoo unnie smirked at me.

"Unnie!" I whined.

I heard their laughter as I went inside my room. I was smiling like crazy while putting the roses in the vase which I then placed on my nightstand. I read his short message for the nth time and sighed. I picked up my phone and dialed his number.

Why is he not answering? 

After a few minutes, I tried calling him again. After three rings, he finally answered.

"Hello?" said an unfamiliar male voice.

"H-Hello? Ummm.... Who is this?" I asked reluctantly.

"This is Jin, JK's hyung. And you are?"

"I'm Rose."

"Ah.. I'm sorry Rose-ssi, but JK can't talk to you right now."

"Oh.. W-Why?"

"He's not well. When we arrived from our rehearsal, he suddenly passed out."

"Whattt?" I blurted. "Is... Is he gonna be ok?"

"Don't worry Rose-ssi, the doctor is checking on him right now."

"Can I come over?" I suddenly said without thinking.

"Ummm, are you sure?"

"Neh, please," I begged.

I quickly changed and rushed outside. I bumped into Jisoo unnie and told her where I was going. She volunteered to go with me and I agreed without giving it so much thought. When we arrived, Jin welcomed and introduced us to the rest of the members whose faces looked worried. Jin told us more details regarding Jungkook's condition and led me to Jungkook's room while Jisoo unnie waited in the living room with the other BTS members.

"JK, you have a visitor," Jin said as he opened the door. He gestured for me to get in.

"Thanks." Then, Jin walked outside and gently closed the door behind me.

Jungkook was lying on the bed. He slowly opened his eyes and smiled faintly when he saw me.

"Hello," I smiled. "How are you?"

He groaned as he slowly got up. I automatically went over to him to help. He propped his back against the headboard and looked at me. "I'm ok, thanks."

I sat on the edge of his bed facing him. "What happened to you?"

"Nothing serious, I guess I worked myself up too much." his eyes looked tired and his voice sounded weak.

"You should rest, you know." I pouted.

He reached for me and squeezed my left cheek. "I was actually resting until you came." 

"Fine! I'll go...." I pretended to be hurt and started to rise from the bed.

"Hajima, hajima..." He pulled me back too hard and I fell on him.  I automatically pulled away, feeling embarrassed.

"Yah! Jeon Ju--" He suddenly groaned as he held his chest. I immediately turned to check on him. 

"Why, why? Are you hurt?" He was squeezing his eyes shut and looked in pain.

"Omo, Jungkookie I'm sorry..." I was panicking and was on the verge of tears when I heard him giggle. 

Did he just prank me?

He was smiling when suddenly, I burst into tears. "Yah! You scared the hell out of me!" I yelled and slapped his arm.

"Aigoo, Chaeyoung-ah, I was just joking. I'm sorry." He hugged me while I continued sobbing. "Shhh, I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

He then released me and wiped my tears away. "Cry baby," he teased.

I scowled at him while I calmed myself. 

He flexed his arms and said, "I'm really fine." 

"Aish, pabo! You need to lie down now and sleep."

He silently agreed and laid himself down on the bed and closed his eyes. A few moments later, I felt his hand on mine. "Chae, thanks for coming here. Please stay with me for a while."

I squeezed his hand in mine. "I'll stay just until you fall asleep, is that ok?"

He nodded and smiled. I sat on the bed beside him, closed my eyes, and started humming my favorite song.