9. Not Dead

I woke up to daddy snoring softly by my ear. Again. I decided I wanted to do something fun today. Maybe talk to Maggie or play with Carl. I struggled to get out of daddy's grip but I still managed and I fell on the floor with a quiet thump. Luckily daddy didn't wake up any.

I quietly trotted through the house while setting my hat in my head and went out to find Carl. After a bit of wandering I found him and Momma Lori by the chickens. I quickly caught onto their conversation and stood by the fence.

"They don't have a mother" Carl said

"Maybe she got eaten" I said making myself known.

"What. Everything's food for something else"

I replied with a shrug. Momma Lori looked shocked and told us to go play. I was following Carl and we ended up over near daddy's motorcycle.

"Carl? Hey Carl what are ya doin thas my daddy's not yours"

"Stop whining"

"He'll beat your ass" I said seriously

"No. He won't cause you won't tell him will you? Will you"

"N-no"

"Well good." He rummaged through the little bags on the side and pulled out daddy's gun. I tried to stop him I really did but he didn't listen. "I'm going into the woods are you coming?"

"Umm n-no Daddy w-would be mad"

"Fine then. Don't snitch"

He said taking daddy's gun, stuffing it in his pants and walking off into the woods. I knew better than to tell so I went off to find daddy to ask him to play.

When I got half way across the field, I spotted him walking towards where I came from.

"Hey Nemo." I waved back "imma go back to the tent are ya comin'?"

I nodded my head and trailed behind him. When we got to the tent daddy gave me a little plate of eggys he got from inside and he gave me a drink outa his canteen thingy. Once I finished we went and layed down in the tent. My head was resting on daddy's chest and he was playing with my hair and poking holes in the tent with his arrow while I messed with a button on his top. It was really quiet and nice. Until Andrea came over.

"Hey. This is not that great but..."

She came in and handed daddy a book. I stopped fiddling with the button and gave her the meanest glare I could.

"What. No pictures?"

"I'm so sorry. I feel like shit"

"Shit" I repeated her quietly while receiving a thump on the head off daddy.

"Yeah. You and me both"

"I don't expect you to forgive me, but if there's anything I can do..."

"Like get out" I mumbled, earning another thump.

"You we're trying to protect the group. We're good"

"No were not. Your a shit"

"Hey stop it now" daddy pointedly said

Andrea nodded in appreciation and walked out.

"But hey. Shoot me again, you best prey I'm dead"

She walked off with a smirk on her face.

"Don't swear okay"

"But you do. And Sammy and Dean do"

"Well that's cause we're big boys an we're allowed. Your not"

I huffed and lay back down on daddy's chest and started to tug on his top. He started to poke more holes in the tent and I huffed out of annoyance and grabbed the arrow out of his hand and threw it outside. Daddy just paused and looked at me for an explanation.

"I don want a sunroof daddy."

Soon later Carl appeared at the tent and he looked really nervous for some reason. He stood there awkwardly for a minute before speaking up.

"Uh dad and Shane are taking me gun training today"

"Yeah so what" Daddy grunted

"I was wondering if Diego could come. Dad and Shane said it's fine as long as you say she can"

"Nah"

"But daddy"

"No your not going. Your four fucking years old ye ain't touchin a gun"

"But I can do it good. Sammy and Dean used ta teach me all the time" I whined

"I don't care what they let ya do they're dead. they're not here now. I am an I say no."

I'm not gonna lie that hurt. My eyes instantly watered and Carl walked away.

"What?" I croaked out sadly

"Nah Nemo I didn't mean it like that it's just that.... I ...... shit"

I stood up and grabbed my cap and went for a little walk away from daddy. Why would he say something like that to me. He promised me that they were alive but now he said they were dead. I collapsed on the ground sobbing. Were my big brothers really dead? Are they looking for me right now? Did they even bother to look for me? It doesn't make an sense.

I heard footsteps and looked up through droopy eyes to see miss carol. She smiled at me and picked me up and held me close. She carried me into the RV and set me down on the sofa.

"What's all this crying about?"

"Daddy said that my Sammy and my Dean are dead. But but I don't want them to be.... hes a shit"

"Hey now don't say that. It's a bad word. I don't think your brothers are dead. He just needs a little faith" she said softly.

"I has faith they are alive and Sophia is too"

She smiled and kissed me on the head. I started to sing the sunshine song that Sammy and Dean sang to me. Half way through, miss carol joined in and she sat me on her lap and we sat like that for what felt like ages.

The sky started to get dark and the RV door suddenly got pushed open causing me and miss carol to jump. She continued to cradle me in her arms while I hummed the sunshine song over and over again.

"Nemo?"

I looked up to see daddy at the RV door. He looked upset and he came in fully and sat infront of me and miss carol.

"I'm sorry I said those things about yer brothers. I didn't mean it... can I have a hug?"

I thought for a moment and then miss carol nodded at me and I slowly made my way into daddy's arms for a really nice cuddle. He said thank you to miss carol and picked me up to take me back to our tent. I was still humming the sunshine song by the time he set me down on my sleeping bag and he took off my boots and cap and tucked me and Toby in. He lay down next to me and started to play with my hair while humming the tune with me. I think I'm gonna go and look for Sammy, Dean and Sophia tomorrow. I have a feeling I'm gonna find at least one of them.

...
This is a sort of filler chapter. The next one will hopefully be more interesting and longer 🙂