18. Its the family Business.

"Carl open the gate! It's Hershel!"

Carl jumped up really fast and quickly unlocked the gate. Maggie, Ricky and Glenny rushed through, wheeling Hershel on a silver thing with T following behind them. Hershey was missing a leg! What happened? I just stood to the side half out of the gate. I looked around for the person I needed to see.

Where did daddy go? Did he get hurt too?

I quickly moved outside the gate so T could shut it. I don't think he saw me slip past. I walked around the corner of the cafeteria and saw daddy pointing his crossbow at some people. They looked kinda scary. They started to talk and nobody noticed me yet and then a man with long black hair got out a gun and pointed it at my daddy. I ran in front of daddy and clung onto his leg.

"Leave my daddy alone you idjit!"

"Whoa looky here he got himself a little mistake" the man said

Daddy growled and pushed me behind him protectively.

"You leave her the hell alone ya hear me"

"We ain't leavin"

"Yeah an you ain't coming in either" T said while appearing from round the corner.

"This is my house my rules I go where I damn well please!" He yelled

Then they started to argue really loud and I clung on to daddy's pant leg while slightly tugging my fingers.

"There ain't nothin for yer here! Why don't you come back to your own sandbox?"

Ricky came from round the corner and he patted my head while walking past me.

"Hey, everyone relax. There's no need for this."

"How many of you are in there?"

"Too many for you to handle" Ricky sassed

"You guys rob a bank or something? Why don't you take him to a hospital?"

I looked at daddy in confusion. All the hospitals were broken wasn't they? There was a long silence and Ricky shared a look with daddy before speaking up.

"How long have you been locked up inside that cafeteria?"

"Going on like ten months." The man said continuously switching his gaze from place to place.

Then they all started to talk grown up things so I just stood there until Ricky picked me up. I rested my head on his shoulder as we all walked outside.

"What you doin here huh?" He whispered fixing Carl's hat on my head.

"I thinked that daddy was hurts. I couldn't finds him." I replied.

He just nodded, attached his knife to my little belt, and opened the creaky door to the outside.

The other men-the prisoners were all saying how good it felt to be outside. I saw a walker move its head on the floor, so I wriggled outta Ricky's grip and ran over to it and stabbed it in the head with his knife. I turned round and saw the prisoners looking at me wide eyed.

"What? Ya gotta git the brain" I said with a shrug.

"Nemo, over here" daddy said. I skipped over to him and held onto his pinky finger.

"Where's you come from?" One asked Ricky

"Atlanta"

"Where are you headed?"

"For now, nowhere."

"I guess you can take that area down there near the water. Should be comfortable"