19. Good night love

It had been a few days since we got to the prison. I wasn't allowed to sleep with daddy anymore. He said I had to be a big girl and sleep in my own room. Well.. cell. I had bunk bed but I only slept on the bottom one with Toby. Daddy tucked me in every night and he made sure that I kept my bag under my bed in a safe place in case of an emergency. Ricky had gifted me a new knife saying that I needed it just in case and daddy promised I can go with the next person to go on a run, cause I needed some new socks.

We all had oatmeal for breakfast and some people went outside to move the cars to a better place. Carl made me leave my dummy in my cell today too.

I finally got to go and see Hershey and he was teaching me about blood and how people have different types. Momma Lori chuckle at some of the questions I was asking while she braided my hair. She even said she would teach daddy how to braid my hair!

"When can we see the baby momma?"

"Oh believe me we will be seeing it real soon honey."

She smiled and then kissed me on my cheek while her and Carl helped Hershey get up. Then Beth went to his side and Carl came and held my hand while I held mommas too. Hershey had to use these stick thingys called crutches to help him walk and balance. He taught me that this morning.

We walked outside and Hershey was a bit wobbly on the stairs, but he managed. I started to giggle loudly and waved to daddy who was behind a fence with Ricky and Glenny. Carol and the others had made it over to the same bit of the yard as us.

"Alright Hershel!" Glenny yelled

"Ready to race Hershey?" I asked

"Give me another day. I'll take you both on" he said to me and Carl.

Then everybody stopped and we were all smiling at each other. But then I looked behind me and squealed while tugging on Carl's arm.

"Carl walkers!" I panicked.

He whirled round fast and pushed me behind him while I clung onto his shirt. Him and momma started to shoot, and it was really scary. Hershey and Beth got away and then momma grabbed my hand while I sobbed.

"Daddy.... daddy I want my daddy"

"Get out of there now!" I heard somebody yell.

I looked over to the fences to see Ricky Glenny and daddy running really fast. But it wasn't fast enough.

"Lori! Here!" That was Maggie

Carl picked me up quickly as I sobbed for my daddy and he made his way toward Maggie with momma. She shut he gate as Carl carried me up the stairs and passed me to Maggie.

We went to go through another door but there were more walkers and my grip on Maggies shirt got tighter. The walkers were really loud too. Maggie swing the gate closed so that they couldn't get to us. All of a sudden a alarm went off, scaring me out of my skin. Maggie had to put me down as momma lent against the wall and made a noise.

"Somethings not right" momma whispered.

"Are you bit?" Carl asked.

"No, no, no" she replied "I think the baby's coming!"

Baby? Why would the baby come now? It's not allowed to. Why can't it just stay on mommas tummy for a little longer!

"Momma?"

Walkers started to come after us again. Carl told me to keep up as he took lead and we followed. Nobody had been inside this bit of the prison yet, so we didn't know where to go.

"In here"

He lead us into a small room and I started to tug on my fingers again. Why was this happening? Why was everything so loud? I want daddy!