25. I wont let them.

Once I woke up, I carefully climbed over Carl and outta bed. I got changed into my new dungarees straight away and found one of daddy's flannels. It was like a dress but I still wore it. I was careful so that I didn't wake up Carl.

I quietly made my way into the dining room bit of the prison where we were staying. Nobody was up yet. The moon was still in the sky. I wonder if daddy was awake. What would he be doing now? Was he thinking about me like I was about him?

I ended up staying awake until the sun came up. I just drew all morning and Ricky was the first other person up. Followed by Carl, Hershey, Glenn, Maggie, Carol and Bethy and Michonne. Hershel made me breakfast but I didn't eat it. I didn't feel like eating.

"Nice shirt" Glenny said. I just nodded and sent him a lob sided sad smile. I didn't want to think of why daddy didn't tell me the truth.

Some time later, everyone was gathered around Glenny and Carl. They were drawing a map on the floor with my chalk. Carl took it off me cause he said I drew something bad. But I only drew some monsters.

"Right. Now you said you found Tyreese's group here?" Glenny asked Carl while pointing to a place on the map.

"Yeah" Carl conformed

"We secured this."

"Well, he thought he came through here" he said pointing again.

"Means there's another breach" Glenny huffed "Okay. The whole front of the prison is unsecure" he concluded "if walkers just strolled in, then it's gonna be cake for a group of armed men."

"Why are we even so sure he's going to attack?" Beth asked "maybe you scared him off"

"He had fish tanks full of heads. Walkers and humans. Trophies. He's coming" Michonne said. When did she get there? I stood up and walked over to her and stretched out my arms for her to pick me up. But she didn't move, she just started at me.

"We should hit him now" Glenny said

"What?" Beth said

"He won't be expecting it. We'll sneak back in, and put a bullet in his head."

"We're not assassins" carol stated.

"You know where his apartment is." Glenny said to Michonne while walking over to us both. "You and I could end this tonight.. I'll do it myself"  Michonne starred for a minute, but then nodded.

"He didn't know you were coming last time, and look what happened. You were almost killed. Daryl was captured, Diego was injured. And you and Maggie were almost executed, Diego too." Hershey said

"You can't stop me." Glenny hissed

"Rick would never allow this."

"You really think he's in any position to make that choice?" Glenny said while raising his voice at Hershel.

"Think this through clearly. T-Dog lost his life here, Lori too. The men that were here. It isn't worth anymore killing." I put my head down after he said mommas name. I felt a hesitant hand on my shoulder and looked to see it was Michonnes. I leant into her leg and she smiled at me. "What are we waiting for? If he's really on his way, we should be out of here by now"

"And go where?" Glenny said.

"We lived on the road all winter.

"Back when you had two legs and we didn't have a baby crying for walkers every four hours"

"We can't stay here"

"We can't run" Glenny said emphasising every word. After a sharp look from Hershey, Glenny continued. "All right. Well stay put. We're gonna defend this place. We're making a stand... Carl, you and I will go down to the tombs. We need to figure out where the breach is"