28. Hey Assbutt.

"It's the only way... no one else knows"

I think I should have stayed asleep. I'm currently pretending to be asleep on daddy's shoulder. Don't get me wrong, I was asleep, but I woked ups and I donts thinks that I was supposed to.

"Are you gonna tell em?"

"Not till after"

Great. What have I gotten myself into. Nothing bad I hope, but when daddy, Hershey bar and Ricky are standing outside away from everybody else acting like ninjas, I think it's something important that I'm not supposed to know about. How fun?

"We have to do it today. It had to be quiet."

"You got a plan?" Daddy asked while adjusting me in his grip. I let out a little whine, and all three men stiffened.

"You sure she's still asleep Daryl?" Ricky asked. Daddy stared at me so I fully shut my eyes again until he spoke back up and I opened them a bit again.

"Yeah.. she's fine" he said while side eyeing me and slightly furrowing his eyebrows.

"We tell Michonne we need to talk.. away from the others."

That got me thinking.. what are they gonna do to Mishy??

"Just ain't us, man."

"No, no it isn't" Hershey bar said while walking off.

"We do this, we avoid a fight. No one else dies."

"Okay.."

"We need someone else."

"I'll talk to him" daddy said quickly.

"I'll do it" Ricky said back just as quick.

"I'll go with ya"

"No" Ricky cut off "just me."

Ricky then turned and walked off, so daddy started to walk towards the cell block. Just before we got there, I pretended to wake up and started to squirm and shift around in his arms.

"Hey there sleepy head, have a nice sleep darlin?"

"Mhm daddy... what is We doings today's?"

"Well" he started while opening the gate "you, Carl and some others are gonna draw some walkers to the fence, distract them away from me, Glenn and the rest while we put up some things in the yard"

"To stop the bad men?"

"Yeah, to stop the bad men"

...

"Hey! Over here! Come on! Over here!"

Carl and Maggie were yelling and attracting the walkers towards us and popping em through the fence. Daddy said I'm too short to do that bit but said I have a big mouth so I can distract em, so that's what I was doin.

"Hey Assbutt! Yeah you! You Jerk!" I squealed, receiving an amused look from Carl, but a slightly disappointed look from Maggie.

I looked to the field and saw daddy and Glenn putting out some sharp wire stuff on the floor. Plus, Mishy killing walkers. As quick as they were there, they got back in the truck and headed back over.

The day went by and after a weird talk with uncle Merle, and panicking about where daddy ran offs to, I found myself sitting on Carl's lap outside next to Bethy and Hershey while carol held the baba. Soon enough, rick, Maggie and Glenny came over too.

"When I met with the governor, he offered me a deal... he said he would leave us alone.. if I gave him Michonne...... and I was gonna do that to keep us safe."