20. Hurt

I clung tightly to daddy as he made his way towards rick. He was crouching staring off into nothing. I hope he's okay. The baby wouldn't stop crying. Just make it stop!

"Rick? Rick you with me?" Daddy said. "Rick?"

"Let me see the baby" Hershey said. Carl took the baba to him and daddy kissed my head and put me down, I still clung to his leg though.

"What we gonna feed it? We got anything a baby can eat?"

"Eggys" I whispered. Daddy just shook his head and ruffled my hair.

"The good news is she looks healthy" Hershey stayed while checking over the baba. "But she'll need formula, and soon, or she won't survive."

"Nope. No way" daddy said. "Not her. We ain't losing nobody else. I'm going for a run"

"No daddy. Don't go please" I whimpered starting to panic.

"I'll back you up" Maggie said

"I'll go too" Glenny said right after.

Daddy made me let go of his leg and I held back a sob. He started to speak to Beth so I slowly approached rick. As I got closer, he suddenly jumped up making me fall over and he picked up the axe he had dropped earlier and stormed off, not even stopping when Maggie called after him.

"Get the gate. Come on we're gonna lose the light!" Daddy yelled. I scrambled off the ground and ran after daddy. He turned round and sent me a look.

"Ya ain't comin."

"But daddy please"

"I can only take one of ya" daddy said to Maggie and Glenny

"I'll go"

"No. Maggie, after everything that you've been through, okay. I'll go"

"I wanna go. For Lori, I have to"

"Nemo" I swivelled round and daddy caught me in his arms. "I gotta go But you be good for Glenn and the others yeah? I'll be back."

"Pinky promise?"

"Pinky promise" he said while wrapping his finger round my small one. "I love you"

"Love you too daddy" he then passed me over to Glenny as he and Maggie went off on his motorcycle. I hope that they stay safe.

Glenny tried to give me to Beth but I clung onto him and he called me a monkey. A few moments later and we were on the field. Glenny had to put me down as he started to dig graves while I told him stories of momma. Then the prison men came over and asked if we needed any help. I just ignored them though. It went quiet so I looked up from pulling at the grass and saw Glenny giving them the shovel.

"I need two more" he said while holding out his hand for me. I caught up to him and we walked over to Hershey up at the gate.

"Rick?" Glenny asked.

"Still inside" Hershey replied. I started to try and climb up the fence.

"Okay. I'll get him... a third of our group in one day"

"Because of one asshole"

"Shit" I said

"Now now missy. No cussing" Hershey said

"Sorry" I apologised. Glenny smiled at me too.

"Part of me wishes we killed all the prisoners on sight." Glenny whispered

"Axel and Oscar seem like good guys." They then started talking bout T.

"He got bit closing the gate. If he hadn't done that..." what? T died? I felt more tears again and I let them free as they quietly made their way down my face as I sniffled.