Five

Hongjoong's P.O.V

I was supposed to be home by now because it's already 12 and my job finishes at 10 for the day but I had a little more work to do , I had to adjust my schedule to meet the director tomorrow and my appointment with Seonghwa later on and a few more patients to check on because Felix wasn't coming to work and so was Woojin , both of them have been given off duty tomorrow but they said they'll be visiting later in the evening so now I have to take care of Chan and Changbin , their patients. Its okay thought there's not much to do , just having to make sure their meds are taken and the rest is up to Felix and Woojin to sort out .

I grabbed my phone , switching it on to check the time .

12:42am

Damn it , it's so late and Yeosang will yell at me if I go home this late...

I thought for a second , maybe I should go and see Seonghwa... Sure why not .

I got up , heading to Seonghwa's cell .
When I got to his hall , I saw the cell guard sleeping so I shook him awake , his eyes fluttered open and he greeted me , I greeted him back and asked him for access but he hesitated , " Well...it's around this time patient Seonghwa gets violent and has his episodes and it's only two more minutes till 1am so it may be dangerous if you go in there... " , I sighed , " Well... he's sleeping soundly so maybe if I go in now he'll not notice me and go to sleep right after , I just want to observe his behaviour so I get a better idea , don't worry , i'll take responsibility if anything happens "
I reassured the guard who's name is Seungmin but I guess I should've said earlier , he seemed to think for a bit but then nodded , opening the door to Seonghwa's room .

I watched him as he slept , his chest lightly rising and light snores coming from him .

(6.. )

(5.. )

(4.. )

Seonghwa started to move , I saw his eyes open , I quickly hid in the corner of the room where it was dark , Seonghwa got up and I heard him whimper , I held my breath as he curled into a ball , pulling his knees to his chest and sobbing .

" Seonghwa didn't leave mommy , Seonghwa is here " I heard Seonghwa sob onto his knees , he kept chanting it like a prayer . I can't say I didn't feel a thing once while he sobbed , I felt intrigued by what his mom was to him and also a but sad , my dad always told me , if someone is crying and they look like they need a hug , don't think about anything and just hug them .

After a while , he stopped and laid back in bed but as he laid down , he pushed the hair on his face back and I finally saw how he looked like , I could feel my heart skip a beat , he was beautiful , ignoring the sweat and tear streaks , he looked like a god . What made him this ?

I waited till Seonghwa fell asleep and walked to his bed , pulling the chair next to his bed , I guess Seonghwa heard because he slowly got up ,
" Kim Hongjoong ? " He asked softly , I smiled , " Yeah , you wanna talk ? Because I'll stay here all night so I guessed I should just check after you " I spoke as Seonghwa sat up straight , leaning his back against the wall ,
" Really ? " Seonghwa asked and I nodded , he didn't say another word , just slipping his hand on my lap , I didn't hesitate because I already knew what he wanted so I took his soft hand into mine and repeated what I did this morning , Seonghwa's face was covered with hair again so I couldn't see if he was smiling or any facial expression of his , " You know , you don't have to call me Kim Hongjoong , I call you Seonghwa so you should just call me Hongjoong okay ? " I spoke up in the silence , Seonghwa nodded , blowing his hair that fell on his nose , letting me see a part of his cheek , I noticed he was smiling and that made me hold out my hand , expecting Seonghwa to put his other hand in it , he seemed confused and looked at me , " Put your hand in mine , I'll hold that one too ", Seonghwa slowly put his other hand in mine , he flinched when he touched it and I noticed red on my palm where he touched , I sighed , signaling him to give his hand which he did finally , hissing , it was bruised and cut , making me frown and look up at him with a disappointed look that made him turn away from my gaze , I got up
" Wait here , I'll be back " , Seonghwa nodded and pulled his hands away , I went towards the cupboard and opened it with the key I had , taking out the first aid I put in this morning .
Seonghwa came closer as I sat down on the chair in front of him , I opened the box and took out the same things I used this morning , bandage and rubbing alcohol . Seonghwa automatically held out his injured hand like something he was used to doing , I didn't think much and proceeded to clean his wounds and blood , not caring about the strands of hair that were falling over my face .
" Hongjoong... " I heard Seonghwa's soft voice call me so I looked up , he pointed to the hair on my face which I smiled at him for pointing out ,
" Thanks Seonghwa " I whispered , going back to wrapping the bandage around his hand .