Sixteen

"Mommy... Where's daddy...?"

" Go back to bed Seonghwa "

"Mommy-"

" IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU! IF YOU WEREN'T HERE, I COULD STILL BE WITH HIM!"

"Mom-mommy...."

"GET IN YOUR ROOM!"

.

Seonghwa's eyes opened wide as he panted in fright. The memory strangling his heart.

"Joong... Joongie...

Where are you....

Joongie..... Mommy's mad at me.

Joong...

Joongie..."

Seonghwa got off his bed and crawled under it, squeezing his eyes shut even though it was already pitch black. He felt better knowing it was his darkness.

His fingers were shaking and anxious, they couldnt reach to wipe away his tears, stuck onto the ground, too far from his cheeks.

Seonghwa could only sob and let the tears drip onto the cement floor, turning the gray darker but its not like it was visible since everything was already in a darker shade.

Seonghwa could only quiver as he shut his eyes and laid on the cold ground, he felt as if his mother would watch him if he stayed on the bed. So he hid.

He didn't want to hear her venom at this moment. He used to accept it but now, he wants to fight for something. But that something isn't here now....

" Its cold..."

.

Hongjoong opened the door to Yeosang's room, seeing that the male wasn't sleeping yet, watching videos on his phone instead.

" Yeosang, cheif told me to tell you that you gotta submit Jongho's report. The progress report and his file copy. Don't forget." Hongjoong spoke. Yeosang nodded lazily and shooed Hongjoong out by waving his hand.

Hongjoong went back to his room and opened up a book and flipped through it after a while before deciding to check the time.

It was 1am over, he wanted to try and get some sleep so he'll be able to get up early tomorrow, naps at the hospital don't really help much.

" OK.. I'm tired, good night..." Hongjoong spoke to himself before drawing his blanket over himself.

.

Hongjoong's alarm beeped loudly. Waking him up to face the sky that was still bluish. He didn't snooze it and just got up and showered before heading out, waking Yeosang up too before he left.

Hongjoong went to see that Seungmin wasn't at the door today and it was a different guard, 'Seungmin must be of duty today.' was what Hongjoong thought.

He got handed the keys and Hongjoong could already know that something was wrong before even opening the door.

The bed was empty and left unmade.

Hongjoong quickly stabbed the door keys in and opened it, he looked around for Seonghwa.

"Seonghwa? Seonghwa?!"

Hongjoong squatted in anger and frustration, thinking Seonghwa had escaped but then he heard a squeak from the bed.

Hongjoong crawled closer cautiously and saw a few strands of what he thought to look like black dog fur sticking out.

Hongjoong could barely see a hand and he recognized it right away.

"Seonghwa! Come out! Why are you I there?" Hongjoong exclaimed, helping Seonghwa crawl out.

Hongjoong examined his face and saw eyebags and tear streaks. He felt bad.

"Good morning Joongie.." Seonghwa smiled and hugged Hongjoong who hugged him back and tighter.

"Seonghwa, what happened last night!? You were crying.. Can you tell me?" Hongjoong asked with his calm voice, his arms still around Seonghwa. Seonghwa pulled away and looked at hongjoong, "Mommy, she came in my dream. She said I was the fault and mistake again.... I don't understand.... Please tell me why, if she can leave me in reality, why can't she leave me in my head? Maybe then I'll be at peace." Seonghwa spoke, it felt like a death declaration, and Hongjoong hated it.

" Seonghwa, don't talk like that. It's too sad and not nice to hear. It sounds like you're dying. You're not dying, you have me and I'll keep you alive and safe.. Trust me, can you do that?" Hongjoong cupped Seonghwa's rough cheek with such care, a smile plastered on his face as he looked at Seonghwa with such sweetness.

Seonghwa nodded," You're right.... It sounds a bit too sad... I'll only talk about being better from now on so just forget it. I ws like that because I felt Mommy staring at me sleep, it felt like she was still holding the knife.... Just... Try to be here please, next time. It was scary without you. " Seonghwa pleaded and Hongjoong nodded before pecking his lips.

" You need a bath. Get up " Hongjoong spoke and Seonghwa frowned at himself before nodding and fixing his bed.

Hongjoong sent Seonghwa off to the shower at his office and watched him come back out all clean.

"Seonghwa, sit. We'll start the session later but for now, how about we get you food?" Hongjoong tilted his head and Seonghwa nodded.

" Wait a bit." Hongjoong spoke as he got up and went out the room, Seonghwa waited for a while before Hongjoong came back with two lunch boxes, one to Seonghwa and the other to himself.

" I made two. I wanted to eat with you" Hongjoong smiled sweetly and gave Seonghwa a rice spoon and chopsticks.

Seonghwa hesitantly opened the lid and smiled at Hongjoong before cautiously eating the rice and sausages.

Hongjoong finished after Seonghwa who ate alot and fastsince he was really hungry.
Hongjoong noticed and handed Seonghwa a strawberry milk bottle, the older didn't know what he wanted hi to do but Seonghwa took a guess as Hongjoong wanted him to drink it so he did, the sweet taste making a smile as sweet rise onto his face for Hongjoong to fall in love with some more.