Twenty Six

The boys quickly ran around the cafe and strung the banners, strenously struggled to get the tiny balloon threads tied and some just ran around and stared at walls.

Wooyoung was wlaking around with a ribbon on his neck that Jongho put around him, Hongjoong wad doing the work with Seonghwa helping out.

Once they were done they took a rest and stood up straight when the birthday man walked through the door.

" Happy birthday dad!" Hongjoong exclaimed.

The middle aged male stood still as his pessimistic eyes scanned the inside of the cafe, his son looked at him with hopeful eyes.

The male grinned softly and his eyes fell back to his son, " How you like it dad?" Hongjoong pressed his lips in a tight smile, Jongho and Seonghwa felt the dad and son Energy that was way too new to them.

" Who are they?" The man nudged to Jongho and Seonghwa, Yeosang answered it for his friend, "They are my new employees, theyre our friends too", The male hummed and opened his arms for his son, Hongjoong happily accepted the warm hug and jumped into his dad's arms.

" Thanks Hongjoong, you did good", Hongjoong's dad smiled as he praised his son, when they seperated, the party started and the cake was cut.

Mingi started playing and messed up San's face with cake, Wooyoung joined in and they played the teasing game with Seonghwa and Jongho, Jongho was an attacker though, their poor victim was Seonghwa the poor boy, Hongjoong didnt even come to save him.

They cleaned up quite haphazardly, they were tired and way over the point where they actually cared about the cleanliness.

Seonghwa was going to clean himself up and his clothes, so he went tp the back and cleaned up, Hongjoong was about to send his dad off but Seonghwa butted in.

" Its ok, you're tired, I'll walk your dad" Seonghwa offered, the man looked at seonghwa with a smile, he grew a favouring to him by just looking at him, " No its ok hwa, its my dad, i should do it.", Hongjoong's dad cut him from saying another word, " Hongjoong, let him come, youre tired. I dont mind Seonghwa. ", Seonghwa smiled at Hongjoong's dad slightly and gave Hongjoong a winning grin, Hongjoong gave up and threw his hands up,
" Whatever you want, I'll go sleep now." Hongjoong walked back inside and flopped down onto a couch.

Seonghwa grabbed his coat and urged the male out.

As they walked Hongjoong's dad gave a warm smile as he glanced at Seonghwa,
" You have something with my son, isn't it? "
, Seonghwa choked on the air and turned to look at the man with a obvious panic stare.
" H-how... Wow ok....", Seonghwa felt the worry bubble up in his chest, his ears attentive to every word the man would say.
" Dont be alarmed, Hongjoong told me about him liking guys back then", Seonghwa let out a breath and smiled, " Im glad...but are you ok with me being his lover?" Seonghwa cautiously asked, the man nodded," As long as he doesnt come home crying that he just broke up with someone" the man laughed, Seonghwa had a look of worry, " He cried before? I dont get it though, hoe could someone not like him?", the man turned with a knowing look,
" Seonghwa, not everyone likes the people theyre with, thats why there are things called dating and breakups. We have until the end of our lives to find the right one, but we give up early. Thats why we never find them. But if you find them early, don't let them go for anything. Because even if the world is against you, you'll still go back to your antidote. At least you wont feel wrong. Take care of him, you seem to look at him like he's your world, make sure he is cared like that. Never hurt him for petty things if you love him. " Hongjoong's dad gave him a sad smile, Seonghwa could see through even if his smile was trying to look happy, it was obvious.

Deep in the man's heart, the illusion of his wife shined in his eyes, it always did, he was delusional for letting himself imagine her always, even if he knew he shouldnt do this to himself, he couldn't help it. He only wanted the sad love story to end with him, his son should shine like the single stardust in the pitch black night sky, its ok if he doesnt shine the brightest, as long as he shines among the others, thats enough for the old man that reads his own story every night.

Thats enough for the lady at his bedside that always mourns her wrongs but in the end, she smiles to keep everyone she loves safe. Even if she isnt even alive to be a physical influence.

Seonghwa and the man stops at a bakery,
" Father, should i get you a little something to bring home? I havent given you anything as your... Um son's lover..", Seonghwa mumbles, the man nodded and Seonghwa rushed in leaving the man outside.

A swish passed behind the man and a jab thrusted into his flesh, his senses waking up to the piercing pain, the man couldnt make a sentence or word, all he could say in his head was pain.

" This is for my sister."

The voice left and the knife got pulled away.
The man was left to bleed.

Seonghwa turned around and his face paled once he saw what had happened, even when he ran, the weak body was already unable to breathe properly, if not for the cursed weather, maybe he wouldnt be so suffocated but even once Seonghwa called help. The man was lost.

Seonghwa ran back and called Yeosang out, the younger male managed to get up and do what Seonghwa asked of him, without being able to actually ask any questions, Yeosnag just drove.

-

Yeosang called Hongjoong and he ran over at 3am in the morning, no one was ok.

Hongjoong started crying like hell burnt his legs. His tears flowing like boiling water, they hurt his pretty marble like eyes.

After 2 days of the funeral, Hongjoong called Seonghwa to talk.