Chapter 1: Her Captor

The witch lowered her voice and whispered to her sister, "She got what she wanted." 

The three oracles chuckled while watching through the mystical pearlescent globe as the ruler of darkness pursued the only goddess who will give meaning to his existence.

Persephone paced on the cold floor as she waited and waited for her captor to face her, but he didn't show. She gazed upon the dark room and spotted a bed illuminated slightly by the small flames of the candles that circled the room. There was no window for fresh air like it was back home, there was a deep scent of fire and magic. A wild rush engulfed her body the same rush that exhilarated her when she grabbed that dark clawed hand which boldly took her away from her mother's garden. It was so quick that all she remembered were those furious red eyes, the howl of the hellhound that pulled the golden chariot. 

Persephone's mind hammered and her shoulders stiffened, she crawled onto the crimson sheets that were so inviting, she laid on her side and the satin cooled her burning body and eventually it lulled Persephone to close her heavy eyes for a long moment.

Strong thick hands were like icicles on her burning skin, she felt the cold hands run down her waist to her hips. Persephone's amber eyes fluttered open, she saw dark raven hair near her face and wicked scarlet eyes that she could never forget, his face was beautiful in a dangerously rugged way that seduced her the moment she saw him. His sharp features were like the statues that are kept in the temples on Earth. Persephone was dreaming of Hades, but it couldn't possibly be him-she stopped her negative thoughts and only hoped she could enter her dream again.

Persephone slowly reached up, she ran her fingers through his soft hair and pulled him down towards her lips- she placed the softest kiss to his. She didn't understand why her heart was pounding against her chest which was causing her breath to quicken. But she could feel the ignited desire for wanting to taste Hades lips. She bit his lip drawing a drop of scarlet blood to spill- Persephone licked the bite trying to soothe the sting but to also entice him to open for her.

So, he did.

He crushed his mouth against hers, he met her eager tongue with his skillful one. His seductive spicy savour was tantalizing to the bone, she felt the world slip from under her but she didn't stop. Persephone pulled him closer to her body because she wanted his entire weight on top of her own, she wanted to feel his body against hers without any restrictions. Hades shifted and gave her what she desired, she felt the weight of his armoured body and it felt so amazing that a small moan escaped her lips.

His cool cloak contrasted darkly against her sheer white gown that barely covered her scorching body, as she shifted underneath him to get closer, the fabric of her gown rubbed against her hot core and aching hard peaks of her breasts- a dangerous feral growl was heard and it snapped Persephone's eyes open, a face she has seen before revealed itself.

"Hades," Persephone said breathlessly realizing that she wasn't in a dream. Hades stared into her amber eyes with intense heat, but he was holding himself back, why? Persephone wondered. Their eyes stayed locked as neither of them attempted to move away from the other. "Why do you hold back?" She whispered curiously.

Hades held himself with his strong arms and stared into her eyes sternly. "I will only take you when you decide to marry me."

Marry Hades, the thought didn't seem to scare Persephone as much as she thought it would. Staying with this dangerously mysterious god intrigued her, since he made her feel things she never felt before. As eager as she was to feel his touch all over her body and share the darkest passions that some say is impossible to achieve, she yearned to know what his thoughts were but most importantly, what he holds in the heart that some say, is missing.

Hades stood up tall- watching her with those blood coloured eyes that burned with determination. He held his clawed hand out to her, "Come with me." He said gently.

Persephone grasped his strong hand. Whilst she fixed her tussled gown, memories of what they were doing together just a few moments ago flooded her mind, she didn't want Hades to see the heat that coloured her cheeks, so she quickly followed him out the chambers.

"Where are you taking me?" asked Persephone. 

As if he could see in all the darkness that engulfed them, they walked down a windy dark tunnel that he confidently led her through. They turned the first sharp corner and a bright light forced Persephone to shut her eyes. She urged them to open and a massive dome cave stood before her small feet. Her breath was taken away by the starry night blanketing over them magically, she let go of Hades hand and walked deeper into the cave. She was surrounded by plants, flowers, and even fruit, but what struck her as a fascination was that they were all glowing in the dark. The scarlet roses and purple glowing tulips called for Persephone's touch. She had no words for its beauty as everything gleamed brightly in the darkness that surrounded them.

"Did you do this for me?" She asked facing Hades tall beautiful form.

"Yes, I thought if you decided to stay then you would want something to look after," said Hades calmly. "Do you like it?"

"Like it, I love it." She astonished. She heard the sigh of relief that come from Hades, which made her smile widen. 

Persephone remembered all of the people, the gods and goddesses that thought nothing good could grow in the Underworld. Now, right in front of her eyes laid the most beautiful place and it was right under her feet. 

Hades designed a garden so she could feel more comfortable and at ease. A god who supposedly hates light gave her a gift so pure, she felt a sting in her eyes, Persephone's heart ached at his thoughtfulness for her and just for her. When something this good feels so right, how does one let it go. Persephone never experienced this type of intimacy and she always feared that she would live her immortal life without passion. Her entire life, she was told by her mother to not trust anyone and to definitely stay away from men. But the moment Persephone laid her eyes on Hades, she knew she could never turn away. 

"Hades, let's get married," she ordered. "Tonight."

Hades pulled Persephone into his arms, he gently tilted her head back to meet his smouldering gaze that sank into her heart. "Are you sure?"

"Yes," she said with determination. "Before my mother finds me." Her scheme made Hades mischievous grin appear. 

"As you wish."

Persephone may not have gotten her dream wedding, but her marriage was something no one could ever imagine.