Chapter 2: Married Life Begins

It had taken a while for Persephone to realize that she was staring at Hades as he pulled a dark velvety cloak over his mountainous shoulders, which seemed to be the only thing similar to his other brothers; Zeus and Poseidon.

Aware now of what she was doing, which was letting her husband cloud her every conscious, she still didn't stop. Did he know she was following him with her eyes? No; he appeared too serene, which was unusual in itself. He wasn't supposed to radiate an air of serenity that actually had a soothing effect on the observer. Well, it did on her.

Many creatures that would go unseen, by hiding in the blossoming flowers of meadows or gardens have always whispered to her the rumours of what the infamous Lord of the Underworld was like: serious, quiet and sinfully attractive, her mother would say a few harsher things about him, but Persephone never gave heed to her, since everything the fairies and pixies told her had more truth to them.

Hades briskly moved around their new chambers. 

"How long will you take?" Persephone's gentle voice stopped Hades in his tracks. His dark gaze studied her, just like the day he did when they first met in her garden.

He strode towards her and lifted her chin up. Hades caressed her jaw while their eyes stayed bound to one another. "There's a slight problem at the gates."

Persephone nodded and gave a weak smile. He didn't stop caressing her jaw, when suddenly his fingers skimmed down the curve of her neck right above her rapid pulse, she could still feel his gaze upon her, so Persephone purposely looked away when the butterflies in her stomach began to swirl violently. 

His hand circled the delicate base of her neck, and immediately her breath quickened and it reminded her of why she won't look back into those pair mystical eyes. Hades gently lifted her head but she shut her eyes tightly. She could hear his calm breath and could just guess how close she was to his face; her hands fisted his satiny black shirt that hugged his muscled body.

 Persephone gasped when Hades arm snaked around her waist, he pulled her close; his thighs brushed hers. She could feel his heat seep through her gown, but she still teasingly kept her eyes closed, which forced him to tighten his grasp around her. His hot breath mingled with hers, she couldn't control her heaving chest as he laid a feathery kiss on her quivering lips. 

"I'll be back," his sultry whisper caressed her ear like smooth velvet. When she couldn't feel his body in the reach of her hands or his burning gaze anymore, Persephone opened her eyes to an empty room.

            Persephone decided to visit the garden that was gifted to her just a couple of hours ago, she feasted on the various colours of the different flowers and plants surrounding her

Persephone decided to visit the garden that was gifted to her just a couple of hours ago, she feasted on the various colours of the different flowers and plants surrounding her. Her bare feet danced along the rocky path while soaking in the aroma of clean spring water, blooming flowers and ripe fruit. Persephone pushed through thick dark bushes when she heard a soft stream of water close by. She spotted a small stream that was gently flowing down rocks and rolling along the large garden, she reached down putting her hands into the cool aqua water- that glowed brightly to light up everything around her. A deep breath escaped her lips while thinking about the only thing running through her mind at the moment, she closed her eyes trying to erase all the thoughts that overwhelmed her, but it only seemed to make it worse when her efforts were wasted as his handsome face clearly appeared in front of her eyes again.