Chapter 40: Flowers for You

The first thing Hades noticed before he opened his drowsy eyes was that his wife wasn't in bed with him. Hades woke up to an empty bed. No warmth was found next to him; or that steady breathing that was more comforting than fire on a cold night; no smile, which shined brighter than all the stars of the universe. No Seph in Hades arms.

Hades felt like he weighed a ton when he rolled off the cold and hard bed. He flicked a hand over his disheveled appearance, and in seconds, he was dressed for the day ahead of him. He strode out of the bedroom with the intent to find Seph, and fortunately, she was sitting on the lounge chair tying the bow behind her gown. Hades didn't even hesitate before he came behind her and helped her. But she quickly pulled her hands away before he could even get the chance to feel her warmth again. Hades purposely took his time with the task because he wanted his wife near him.

"Seph," he called out when he was finished, but she just walked past him to put on her shoes. "Honey-" she still ignored him when he finally told her- "I apologized to Hecate-" Seph froze before she opened the door to leave- "she gave me her forgiveness-" Seph lifted her chin- "will you not forgive me as well?" he asked her, but she was quiet. "Seph?"

Seph walked out of their room.

Hades let out a deep sigh and wondered if he was this difficult when he was angry about something. He was probably worse, thought Hades. But it still hurt to know that Seph who was so sweet and caring could be cold towards him. Although, he deserved this treatment and that just made him feel a lot worse. Hades had to come up with a plan to make Seph feel better because he wanted his wife back.

Hades marched out of the room to get his plan in action, and the first place he'd have to go was the kitchen. Because everyone loved a surprise breakfast, especially if it's from their King.

            Hades confirmed with Dino, that everyone that was stationed with Seph to work on Elysium had arrived

Hades confirmed with Dino, that everyone that was stationed with Seph to work on Elysium had arrived. The breakfast feast was prepared and everything had been set up just at the nick of time.

"Sire, everyone's ready," announced West who was the head chef of the Underworld.

Hades nodded. "Thank you, West."

He strode off towards his wife and her massive team. When he had arrived to the Elysium sight, he noticed everyone was just starting to work and diligently getting ready for the day ahead of them. Hades presence was known to everyone in seconds because that's just how it's always been with him. But he didn't really care for all of the other eyes. He only wanted those melted honey regal eyes to look his way, like they were right now.

"Your queen and I prepared breakfast for the entire Elysium team," announced Hades boastfully as his eyes watched his wife's reaction. "If everyone could just head down to the main hall, you'll meet West and his team."

The crowd's sleepy expressions flipped. They cheered to express their joy, but they didn't move until their queen approved. Seph's eyes were glaring at Hades from across the hall, but she easily gave in.