Chapter 45: Epilogue

Six months had passed quite smoothly apart from the few ups and downs in the beginning. Hades and her mom had come to terms with this arrangement. They didn't speak to each other, but whenever they were in the same room, they didn't exchange any harsh words either, which in Persephone's book, that's a huge win.

Persephone's legs were stretched out in front of her as she rested on the soft green meadow in Sicily. In a simple white gown that was loose and comfortable hid Persephone's growing belly. Persephone was well rested and her friends had made sure she was comfortable all these months. But finally, today, Persephone got to return to her home.

She got up onto her feet and walked down the empty field, that was vibrant and green. Under the heat of the sun, her red hair looked like flames. She put a shielding hand on her belly, which was becoming sort of a habit. And for a while, she eagerly waited for him to arrive and take her to his world, like he once had when their story began.

Under the morning sky and on the green grasslands of Sicily, a golden chariot emerged from the forest trees with lightning speed. The four great and immortal horses pulled the chariot with finesse. Orphnaeus, Aethon, Nyctaeus led by their brother Alastor speeded towards their queen. Hades held onto the reins and spotted her in the middle of the field, and even from the great distance between them, they could both see each other's smile.

Just like when Hades first came to first take her, she didn't get scared or back away from the frightening horses. She stood calmly as the four beasts slowed in front of her and lowered their heads to reach her outstretched hand.

"It's good to see you," she said.

"I missed you too," replied Hades.

Persephone grinned. "I was talking to the horses," she teased. Hades rolled his eyes and got off the chariot to help her on. He stood behind her as she held onto the reins this time.

"Let's go home," said Hades, "everyone is waiting for you."

The golden chariot was seen cutting through the Sicily fields with immense speed. Persephone held onto the reins with her husband returning to her home, her family.

            Three months flashed by

Three months flashed by. On a special Autumn night, Persephone opened her eyes after thirteen hours of excruciating pain. She was exhausted, but more so excited to meet her baby. Hecate and Pain helped with the birth, and safely the Princess Macaria of the Underworld was born. Persephone got out of the bed and wrapped a shawl around her gown. She entered the lounge room and she found Hades sitting on the couch with their baby girl in his protective and strong arms. His scarlet eyes didn't leave the small face, that had rosy cheeks like her mother. But Persephone had a feeling their baby girl would have black hair and Hades red eyes. Macaria was the precious princess of this realm, and everyone was eager to meet her, but not as eager as Persephone.