Chapter 39: Golden Chance

The commotion in the Underworld had grown quite a lot ever since their beloved Queen had arrived. She had everyone beside her as she constructed the paradise realm 'Elysium' with her partner Hecate. Persephone had explicitly explained to all the staff to show respect and kindness to Hecate, otherwise the consequences would be dire. But they all knew Persephone wouldn't lift a finger to hurt them, but her devil-form Kore might. So, they all agreed and like that 'project paradise' began.

On the first day, Hecate had built the monumental doors. She indisputably expressed that any realm should have big beautiful doors. Persephone wholeheartedly agreed and they both worked together with Mono and Pain for the design. The massive doors were made of thick gold. Each gate had its own detailed art engraved into the gold, which she deeply adorned. Persephone herself worked her magic over the doors; she chose healthy rose vines to surround the entrance and climb high up the doors and around them, so that extravagant and unforgettable scent would always be remembered here. And without a doubt, the blood red and deep green looked mesmerizingly beautiful on top of the gold. Persephone had returned from Mono's home when she found the three judges waiting for her at the entrance of Elysium.

"Hi," she greeted the three of them. "What brings you here?"

"We came to help you," said Aeacus.

"Oh. Aren't you busy with Hades though?" she asked.

Minos shook his head. "Hades was the one who sent us," he said. "He's got everything handled in court."

Persephone would have to go check on her husband later. "Are you sure?" she asked. "I don't want to burden you."

"It's no burden," said Rhadamanthys. "Hades told us that you needed to make the decree book for your realm."

"Yes," she nodded, "Hades told me I needed to write it down and make it a legally bidding book."

"That's what we're here for," said Rhadamanthys.

"No one better than the judges themselves to make some laws," remarked Aeacus smugly.

Persephone chuckled. "I'll gladly welcome the help then. Thank you," she said.

A tall lean figure stepped out of the portal beyond the massive doors. It was Hecate. "The portal is finally done," Hecate announced.

Persephone clapped her hands. "That's great," she said. "We can finally start designing the interior. Oh, these are the three judges who will be helping us with the laws and paperwork." Since Hecate's hair had been pulled back, she looked even more deadly and unapproachable. "This is Aeacus, Minos and Rhadamanthys."

"It's a pleasure to meet you Hecate," said Rhadamanthys. "I've read all about your discoveries and books on witchcraft. The one that covered the topic of celestial stars was phenomenal."

They all gaped at Rhadamanthys for speaking out first. Persephone certainly didn't expect this, but she damn well welcomed it. Finally, someone appreciated Hecate and approached her with kindness, instead of fear or doubt.

Hecate stumbled over her words because even she was taken aback. "Thank you, Rhadamanthys," she said.

"Why don't we all take a seat," said Persephone. "We can talk some more and get started on the law book."

Persephone finally eased up because the three judges were so open and comfortable around Hecate. She was so glad that they all got along and chose to be professional. Rhadamanthys was quite easy-going around the goddess- he even smiled and laughed with her.