[PROLOGUE]

It was seven in the morning when I heard the heavy footsteps of Hyun Tae, my twin brother, rushing down the stairs full of excitement. It sounded like a loud and heavy drum as he ran.  With a black bag hanging from his shoulder, he sat down on the wooden chair immediately, getting ready to eat.

"The aroma is as fascinating as ever!" He moved his nose closer to the pasta, took a quick sniff then gave a satisfied smile as if he had tasted the dish already.

"Just eat" I handed him chopsticks.

"Did YOU eat?" He asked with his mouth stuffed with the pasta, leaving a smear of tomato sauce on his cheek.

"I already did" I replied placing down tissue and a cup of water for him. He ate like there was no tomorrow, like a pig. After that, he chugged down the glass of water like a toilet being flushed. It didn't flow in smoothly though. He choked because there was still some pasta around his throat.

"No one's going to take that from you y'know" I sighed at how pathetic my brother looked like at the moment.

"Yeah, but I need to go. You know that I'll be late for practice" he finished up what was on his plate and drank more water.

"Tch.. If I weren't here, who would take care of you?" I went to the living room and began to fix my things up for school.

"The taste is so heavenly ~ I don't know why this gene didn't get passed onto me but only to you" He acted all cute puffing his cheeks.

I started to place my books in the bag one by one. Hyun Tae seemed to freeze as his eyes were fixated at something. I followed his gaze and saw him looking at my dance lesson book.

"Have you still not responded to the company's offer?" he asked a serious question.

"You should already know the answer to that" I gave him a painful expression then smiled afterwards.

"Just saying, but you're wasting the talents that mom and dad passed down to us" he leaned back against the table.

"Yeah. Right.." I walked out the door and left for school.

The music industry is frightening in various ways. Everyone watches your every move and just wont stop making rumors.

The image of  Lee Yun Ji, our mother, got ruined because of the rumor of her taking in drugs. A lot criticized her and claimed false statements about her. The whole issue lasted for about a year and she wasn't able to handle it anymore so she... did that.

After her death, people started to show records that there was no sign of any drugs in her blood and others admitted that they lied about her. They will only feel sorry after the victim commits suicide. I got disgusted just by thinking about it.

Not long after that, our father passed away too. We had to survive by ourselves. Some of our relatives visited and supported us a few times though. But still, it was hard.

"Oh how much I lost faith in humanity..." just as soon as I said that, I saw a child helping out an old man cross the street. I can't say for sure that all humans are bad though.

THUD

I fell down the ground. A tall man who wore black clothes bumped into me. He continued to walk forward without apologizing, entering his black car.

"Geez, what's his problem? How rude" I helped myself get up and walked over to the bus stop.

The bus arrived and I entered. It wasn't too crowded. I sat down at a seat near the window. I unzipped my bag, brought out my earphones and started to listen to the song of BIGBANG's Last Dance.

I felt a tap on my shoulder from behind. It was a fellow student. He smiled at me and seemed to be talking. However, I only watched his lips move trying and I tried to decifer what he was saying. The song was playing with a slightly loud volume so I couldn't really hear him clearly.

In the end, I didn't understand every single word he said. I don't even know why I didn't think of removing the earbuds.

But suddenly, in the middle of the so-called-conversation, I received a call from a restricted number.

"Hello...?" I asked softly as I hear an unknown voice from the other end. All I heard was the name of my brother and the hospital. I asked the bus to stop and rushed my way out. The hospital was near so I ran to him. Hoping he would be alright.... please...

___

"Hyun Tae!" I shouted as I slammed the door open. I saw my brother laying down in bed with the hospital equipment attached all over his body. I couldn't help but have tears roll down my cheeks.

"Ya, (Y/N) ... don't cry. This is nothing" he tried to put up a smile but I could clearly tell that he was in pain.

"What can we do? Stray Kids needs to prepare for their official stage next month... they can't perform without Hyun Tae" someone unfamiliar to me spoke.

I didn't notice it at first but then realized that their manager was looking at me. He and the other person walked out the door talking about something. After a while, they entered the room again.

"You're his twin sister right?" Their manaher asked me. Something about this doesn't feel right...

"Yes... Why do you ask... Sir..?"