[Chapter 25] Second Corpse

I couldn't sleep. I kept staring at the objects in my room, I can't even count the number of times I sighed. I checked the time and it was already 1:36 AM.

I wasn't the only one awake. The others were too. Although all I could hear were muffled voices, their conversations lasted for six hours or more. They've been talking for a while now...

Out of curiosity, I left my room to check on them. What could they be discussing about that they stayed up all night?

While I slowly twisted the doorknob to close the door, I held my breath. I made my way to the living room on my toes and stayed quiet. Their voices started to become clear and their words became understandable. Although I could hear their conversation, I couldn't point out who was talking. I crouched down and hid behind the counter.

"We promised to not involve (Y/N) with this"

"But it's also not good to keep her in the dark"

Is there something I don't know?

"That's true too..."

"Hyun Tae, what do you think?"

My brother?! Wait-- What?! I raised my head to take a small peak, and I saw him there on the couch. Healthy. He was fine. I didn't know what I felt at that moment but there was definitely confusion.

"Not now, maybe later on... We'll tell her.." Hyun Tae said.

"But you really should have told her that you were discharged already. If I were her and if I found out later on, I would really get mad"

"But I have to stay low to keep an eye on her. That way, we could also find the one who's been trying to kill her"

Kill me...?

"Since we're in that topic, Chan and I found something out" I guess it was Changbin who said it. They were talking earlier when I arrived home.

"It's about Lee Yun Ji's death... We found an article saying something about a Second Body found in the scene"

Mom's death? What are they talking about? I accidentally hit something behind me. It was a soft thud, hopefully none of them heard it. But when I looked around, Jeongins eyes were directly on me.

I pressed my index finger against my lips and shook my head. He got my signal, smiled, and pretended to not see me. Thank goodness...

"Let's go to bed already. It's early but it's also late. You guys get what I mean" Chan stood up, stretching his arms in the air. I swiftly, but quietly, ran back to my room and tried to not make any noise.

I jumped back on my bed and stared at the ceiling.

What were they talking about?

Second Body?

Why is Hyun Tae discharged already? Why didn't he tell me?

What in the world?

With my mind filled with hundreds of questions, I finally dozed off.
___

Hyun Tae's PoV

Although Chan said that they should go to bed, they still stayed. In front of us were loads of paper placed on top of the center table. I sighed.

"You mentioned a while ago that Min Teuk is somewhat related to your mothers death case?" Minho picked up a printed article from the table. I nodded silently.

"What was that Second Body about though?" Hyunjin asked.

"The police found another corpse when they were searching around the scene. The distance between both of the bodies were a few meters. Both died from a fall from a tall building. Both also died around the same time" Chan replied.

"What's the name of the other person who died?" Jeongin questioned.

"Ha Si Eun"

When Chan said that name, I froze. The atmosphere became quiet. We all recognized that name.

"Isn't that the person who spread rumors of your mother using drugs...?" Felix looked at me. I didn't need to respond, everyone already knew.

What happened when mom died? Is her death related to the other corpse? The events before mom's death, we could never know what really happened. All we could do right now is look for small details and come up with theories...

If only you were still here with us...

___

(Y/N)'s PoV

I woke up and walked out of my room. My throat was all dried up and my eyes had slightly obvious dark circles below them. When I reached the living room, I was surprised to view such a mess.

Nine guys-- ahem, wait no... I mean nine kids were scattered around the room. It was a total mess.

There were papers on the table, on the couch, on the floor, and some somehow ended up on top of their faces. Some had their mouths wide open like a cave entrance. Others slept with a sitting position, and some were dead flat on the floor too. The lights were still on, so I had to turn them off.

Geez, they really are a mess.

I went to the kitchen, grabbed a spoon and a metal cover of a pot and walked to the living room where the ten kids were sleeping peacefully.

TING TING TING TING TING TING TING TING TING TING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I started to hit the metal cover with the spoon I had, near their ears but not too close. I walked around the room and continued to make noise. They all woke up, half awake, confused with what was happening.

I stood right in front of my brother and hit the metal cover harder. He regained his full consciousness and saw me. His eyes grew big.

"(Y/N)... Heyyy....Hahahhahahahaah....hahhahahahahah....ahhahahhaha... Haahahah...hahah..ha...."

"Good morning my dear HEALTHY, ALIVE, AND WELL brother that I didn't know was already discharged!" I smiled at him. He looked frightened when he saw me smile at him.

"I can explain..."