[Chapter 27] Iced Coffee

Hyun Taes PoV

(Y/N) closed the door and left.

"Why does the name sound familiar though? Where did I hear that from again?" I told myself, placing the glass down the table.

"It sounds familiar because it's the new name of Min Teuk" Changbin sat down on the chair.

"Guys, check this out" Felix called everyone to the living room. He had his laptop with him. He rotated it to face our direction and a video was playing on the screen.

The view was caught from the top, at least three or meters high. It showed the front of a cafe. The date was last month.

Felix speeded the video up. After a few seconds, a black car parked infront of the building. He paused the video and zoomed in on the plate number. AJC 5993.

"Dude."

Everybody had their eyes focused on the screen.

"How do you have that video?" We asked Felix.

"(Y/N) signed in on my laptop a few days ago, I guess she forgot to sign out" he shrugged. He pressed on another folder. And another video. This time, it was the front of our house --the burnt one. On the day it caught fire, before the incident actually. We saw the same car parked nearby.

It's most likely him to be the one who set it on fire.

"But what's his motive?"

___

The door opened and (Y/N) arrived home but she brought along a friend. We all looked at him. We knew who he was.

(Y/N), being hospitable as she is, let him sit down and went to get him a drink. Meanwhile, all of us sat around him. Watching him.

After a short conversation, "Here's your coffee!" (Y/N) came back with a cup of coffee. Great timing.

He only spoke with my sister. Not sparing any of us a glance. How annoying, I thought as I glared at him from afar.

___

He finally left.

I got my cup of water and refilled it since I drank it all while waiting for that guy to leave. When I got back, I saw Minho tap (Y/N)'s shoulder. She looked at him.

"Yeah?"

"Could you please stay away from that guy from now on?" He said and gave her a worried look. Oh? What's this?

"Why?"

He glanced over at us, then sighed. I moved closer towards them, out of curiosity.

"He's dangerouu-- no..  Ughh.   I'm jealous. Yeah. Totally. Mhmm. Yes. I am. I'm jealous. Hahaha." He said.

"Eh?"

"Pfffttt--" I was shocked and speechless. Because of it, I accidentally spit out the water I had in my mouth.

"YOU--!!" Minho shouted and looked at me with very scary eyes.

"H-Hyung!" I ran away because if I would get caught, it might be the last of me.

___

It was a quarter till midnight already. (Y/N) was asleep, Jeongin and Hyunjin confirmed it. The competition is tomorrow, she should get a lot of rest.

We brought out the paper piles we hid a while ago and started investigating once again.

"I have something to tell y'all" Minho said.

"What is it?"

"A while ago, when that guy got a text, I kind of saw what was on his screen... And you won't believe who I saw" he continued.

"Ha Si Eun and a boy" he added.

A boy? Does that mean Ha Min Teuk is the son of Ha Si Eun? I must've been stupid, of course they are! They have the same last names, duh. It's just an assumption though...

"Wait, what info do we have so far?"

Lee Yun Ji's death is related to Ha Si Eun, who also died at the same day. She's the one who spread rumors about mom. Ha Si Eun has a son, Min Teuk.

Min Teuk caused my car accident, and the house fire... What if he's also the one that gave (Y/N) the nut cake?

But still why would he do those things?

"Why'd things suddenly get dramatic in this story?" I sighed.

___

(Y/N)'s PoV

I woke up and my throat felt as dry as it coud be. I looked around and saw the iced coffee Teuk gave me secretly last night. Well I was thirsty, so I drank a bit before I went out of my room.

As I walked down the hallway, my eyesight started to get a bit blurry. It seemed like everything was spinning. It wasn't long until I felt the cold floor touching my face. Little by little, everything went black.