[CH. 1] First Encounter

Right now, at this moment, I could see my reflection in front of me. Lights were all around the ceiling, luminating the whole room. And... Here I stand in a room with eight guys around me.

Why the heck am I here again...?

I stare in the air with my mouth slightly agape as there were 8 boys making a mess. The whole practice room was filled with screams and laughter. Like, shouldn't they be practicing?

I stood there with my eyes following every member goofing and running around. Left and right, they were chasing one another.

Someone seemed to notice me standing and pointed towards my direction, "You're less active than usual!". Everyone rushed to hug me, more like squeeze me in the middle.

"C-Can't breathe..." I said nearly suffocated. All of them released me along with laughter from their mouths. I was finally able to take in air again.

"You look different today... " Lee Know moves his face closer to mine. I shook my head and by instinct, I pushed him away from me. He blinked twice. Huh?

"Sorry, you were a bit too close just now..." I apologized, trying to sound like my brother as much as possible. He still stared at me with curiosity.

"Oh! Talking about your sister, she was in a rush when I saw her in the bus. She looked pretty pale though" Seungmin said.

"Oh, you were the guy behind me" I suddenly realized. He looked confused.

"A-Ah, I mean you were the guy behind my sister at the bus... she was telling me that you looked familiar, no wonder" I made an awkward laugh, scratching the back of my neck. He made an 'Ahh' look then nodded.

"Back to practice guys" Bang Chan ordered and they started playing the music.

"Hey, let's talk..." He called me outside and I followed.

"I know it's uncomfortable, I would be too if I were in your situation... but you need to act like it's all natural. Also, be careful on the things you say. Think before you say anything, don't want you to get caught right?" he said looking a little serious. I stayed quiet and continued to listen to him.

"Here's the song, and the parts of your brother.. Hope you could get them right by a month." He hands a paper with the lyrics and parts of each member. My brothers--no my parts were neatly highlighted in the paper.

"I heard you were as talented as Hyun Tae, so I expect you could do it" he smiles then entered the practice room.

It was giving me a head ache just thinking about it. I have no experience myself yet I'm here preparing for a debut. A little funny, I'll admit.

"Fighting!" I mumbled to myself and started walking around to get familiar to the structure of the building.

After walking around for at least three rounds, I made my way back to the practice room that was empty, thankfully.

I entered the room and I was immediately greeted with my reflection. My eyes froze and just looked at myself. I wore a wig, and clothes that I don't usually wear. It was really weird, but I had to adapt to the situation.

I took my phone out and went to my memo. There were words fixed in stanzas, and attatched redorded audios in the memo.

"I still need lyrics for this track..." I sighed as I leaned against a wall and slid down to the floor. I took a deep breath then played the music. I sat there quietly listening to what I have finished so far.

It was a song I promised to Hyun Tae. He said that I should at least try to compose a piece. But what should the lyrics be about though...?

"This is tiring... " I decided to turn the music off. I didn't know when, but I found myself staring at my reflection again.

"What was that song just now?" Chan asked entering the room.

I froze, "Y-You heard it?" I asked. He created a smirk as a reply.

"Guess you did" I was at a loss and sighed.

"You'll be with us for a year, we'll get to know a lot about each other eventually" He sat beside me.

"Just bare with it for a year, that's all we ask for... after that, your brother would come back. It's uncomfortable, yes I understand... But sometimes, things like these happen to us so that we could learn. So take the opportunity for now and see where it brings you to" Chan handed a water bottle to me and nodded.

"I know it's a little too much but, that's how long your brother needs to recover..." he continued.

"Plus, you don't need to be exactly like your brother, be yourself" he added giving a reassuring smile.

"How could I be myself if I'm a girl and my brother's a, y'know, boy! I might get caught tomorrow of the day after that.." I complained, digging my head into my arms.

"It'll work somehow... Be positive" he replied.

"You're a really cool leader, I'll admit" I complimented him.

"You think so?" Thanks" He smiled.