Two: Doll face

Louis got to school ten minutes before his first class. With his arms occupied by his laptop and a few books, he ran down the corridor to get to class in time. He had to run to his locker before running to class so by the time he navigated himself to the right corridor he only had three minutes left. The door got closer and he stumbled into the classroom thirty seconds before the class started. He hurried to his seat and sat down, breathing heavily from the run. Louis put his elbow on the desk and leaned his head on his hand. He had zero interest in being at school. He didn't have enough money for college so he'd have to rely on applying for scholarships. He had straight A's and the teachers put in quite a good word for him so he didn't have to worry too much. The stress of college was still getting to him though. He dedicated all his free time to studying and researching different colleges and universities. He did not want to end up like his sister, working at an office for a creepy boss to earn what little she could to support her kids. No. He wanted more than that. Louis wanted to start his own book publishing house. On the side, he wanted to be an author or a painter while still publishing books for both big and small authors all around the country. He wanted to be a publisher ever since he was ten. It's a silly thing for a ten-year-old to want to be a publisher but it had just always been Louis' dream, his aspiration. Last year of high school. Last chance to make a good impression.

He looked around the room to see his classmates. He knew the names of every single one of them but that was all he knew. He never talked to anyone and no one ever talked to him. If anyone asked he would always say that he just didn't like people. He'd say that he didn't want friends and that he liked being alone. That was a lie. He felt lonely and depressed without friends. Anyone would. People fall into groups so easily and Louis didn't fit in any of them. Even the weirdos have friends. Louis Carter was an unwilling loner.

Bran Begum sat at his desk with one hand on the table and the other tapping on his phone underneath it. Kyle had offered to host the party at his house since his parents were off on a business trip. Kyle's parents worked for a travelling agency so they were often on trips to different countries. Bran tapped the letters and yawned. The date was set. Celebration party on Friday. It was Wednesday. Bran thought everything about it was ridiculous. Not only did he hate the cliche high school party thing but it was also ridiculous that the entire football team took part in planning it. He couldn't help but compare it to middle schoolers planning a sleepover. Bran had a feeling he was gonna be the babysitter of the party. Kyle had a tendency of getting shit faced, blacking out and doing the most stupid things. Kyle was one of the reasons why Bran didn't enjoy going to parties. It's hard to have a best friend whom you have to babysit every time there's alcohol involved. Bran still had a headache from last night's "study group" at Kyle's place. The nausea teased his sensitive stomach. Kyle always managed to sneak alcohol into most actives. If you asked to be tested on what you were studying at Kyle's house than he'd bring the shot glasses. "With every wrong answer, you have to take a shot!" He'd say. Bran wasn't a quitter. He somehow always managed to drink Kyle under the table but the aftermath was not worth the look on Kyle's face when he realised he'd lost. Bran wasn't the type to throw up very often. He just felt nauseous and headachy, suffering in silence. How did Kyle always convince him to get drunk on weekdays?

Bran felt like an actual add for teen drinking. "You wouldn't want to end up like this guy, right?". He just wanted to sleep. His phone was heavy in his hand, almost hard to hold up as his hands were so lazy after yesterday. Thankfully the coach was sick so there would be no football practice today. Bran stared at his teacher and sighed. This teacher hated him. He was the kind of teacher who had been bullied when he was in high school and then decided to become a teacher so he could bully the people who reminded him of his bullies. Apparently, Bran was one of them. Either that or the teacher was just racist. He was always an asshole to Kyle and basically everyone else with darker skin. The teacher was basically a modern nazi. When they talked about the Second World War he had dropped some obvious hints that he did not favour the allied forces.