Twenty-one: Boy Toy

Louis forced himself to keep eating the food in front of him as Bran watched. It was cold where they sat and Bran had wrapped his jacket around Louis. Guilt. Louis was filled with guilt and regret. Bran was right. It was Louis' fault that he let others hurt him, so maybe he deserved it. Every time he swallowed the gag reflex kicked in and he had to bite his lip.

"You'll stay the night with me, right?" Bran asked and took a bite of his burger. Louis felt pleased with himself to see Bran eating vegan food and enjoying it.

"I work tonight..." Louis mumbled.

"You can call in sick..." Bran growled.

Louis swallowed. "I have to work tonight. I pay rent you know..." His voice was shaky again. As much as he would've loved to sleep in Bran's arms, he had to work. He was also afraid that if he didn't show up to work he'd get fired. But saying no to Bran was also something he was afraid of.

"I'll pay your rent..."

"Bran..." Louis nervously sighed. "I need to make my own money..."

"You're staying with me this weekend," Bran said. It wasn't a request, it was an order.

"Alright..." Louis whimpered. Bran's voice had gotten threatening as he spoke.

"I'll drive you to work." He growled. "Finish your food... we're going shopping..."

...
Bran pulled Louis through a mall, grabbing different clothes and placing them in Louis's arms for him to carry. Louis didn't resist or question it. Just being by Bran's side when he was in a good mood was enough. So much so that Louis hadn't been paying any attention to what Bran was making him carry, at least not until they got to the women's section. It was only 2 pm and Bran smirked as he browsed through the clothes.

"You'd look cute in this..." He snickered and held up a pair of short pyjama shorts. They spelt out 'sweet dreams are made of this' with turquoise letters atop the dark blue silk that the pyjama pants were made of. A white lace decorated the hems of the shorts and two lace bands stretched around the waist. "There's even a matching tank top..." Bran snickered.

Louis blushed as Bran held up the set with a grin on his face. "Yeah uh... I see that..." Louis stuttered as Bran walked closer shoving the set up in front of him, two feet away from his face.

"You owe me a fashion show..." He snickered and placed the pyjama set in Louis' arms. For the first time, Louis looked down at the clothes he was carrying and realised that they were all in his size, or at least as close to his size they could get without slipping into the women sizes.

"Wait what's all this?!" Louis stuttered. The words fell out of his mouth, causing Bran to smirk and pull Louis close to him.

"I'm just spoiling my boyfriend... am I not allowed to do that?" He teased and pulled his fingers through Louis' white hair. "I want you to look presentable if I'm going to be seen with you..."

Those words send a sharp shiver to Louis' limbs. Not the 'boyfriend' part, but the 'presentable' part. With an uncertain look, Louis looked down at his worn-out converse and tight jeans. He did wear the same thing a lot, only ever-changing his shirt. A guilty ache settled in his stomach; Bran was embarrassed about the way he looked and didn't want to be seen with him.

"I'm sorry..." Louis whispered.

"It's alright..." A large hand swung around Louis' shoulders. The heavy arm rested atop his bones as Bran leaned in closer. "I'll fix you up..." he snickered.

Before either of them had the chance to say anything else they had arrived at the dressing rooms. Brannon took the pile from Louis and hung the clothes neatly on the wall. With a quick, light tug Bran pulled Louis into behind the thick curtain. It wasn't spacious in any way. The small space barely fit the two boys as they stood face to face. It was the size of a bathroom stall except instead of the secure bathroom door, only a curtain separated the dressing room from the store on the other side.