Three: Needle and thread

Bran couldn't stop thinking about the boy with the doll face. He looked familiar but Bran couldn't remember where he'd seen him before. Probably just around the school. His face was stuck in Bran's mind. The stunning contrast between the grey eye and the brown one. His pale, fair skin and the coloured hair. The plump lips that fell open when he looked up. Louis? That was his name, right?

"Begum!" Kyle yelled and hung his arms over Bran's shoulders. His heavy body weighed down on Bran and he playfully pushed him off.

"What?" Bran chuckled and pulled his earbuds out.

"Guess who's coming to the party?"

"I dunno... who?"

Kyle smirked. "I overheard Emily talking about bringing a few friends... And you know who's friends with Emily..."

"Oh... could it be Ms Evelina Blair?"

"Fuck yeah she's talking about Evelina Blair!"

Bran glanced over at Kyle and laughed. "And what? You think you have a shot with her?"

Kyle's face turned red and he shoved Bran to the side. "Shut up... you're such a jerk..." he chuckled.

"Better than being horny..." Bran coughed.

"Jerk..."

Louis Carter wandered down the corridor holding his swollen hand. He felt warm and happy inside. He couldn't care less about the people whispering about him when he walked past them. They stared at him, laughed at him, but he barely noticed. Nothing could bring him down after Bran had spoken to him. Louis thought about how his beautiful light green eyes appeared glowing in contrast to his tan skin and dark hair. He thought about his big, warm hands and how they had fondled his when he held the injured hand. He thought about the scent that Bran had left behind as he walked away. Louis felt lightheaded. He'd never been that close to Bran before, he'd never gotten to feel the scent of him or experience his touch. He'd never gotten to see his face up close. He was even more beautiful than Louis remembered. He smelt even better than Louis could've ever imagined. Brannon Begum couldn't possibly be any more perfect in Louis' mind. Nothing could ruin the perfect image he had of him. Louis stroke the shoe print, it was fading.

He got to his class and took a seat in the back.

"Did you hear about the part the football team is throwing on Friday?" Someone whispered in front of him.

"Yeah, are you gonna go?" Someone else whispered back. "Kyle's gonna host it!"

"Doesn't he live in a mansion? Of course, I'm going! The entire school is invited so there's gonna be so many hot guys there..."

"Do you think Bran is gonna be there..?"

"The party is for celebrating the football team's big win so of course, he'll be there. He's the captain of the football team..."

Louis turned his head away and stopped listening. He'd heard enough. There was gonna be a party... And Bran was gonna be there... Louis blushed in his seat. He'd never been to a party before but there's a first time for everything, right?

Suddenly the door to the classroom swung open and two people walked in laughing. Louis hid his head behind a book and listened to the heavy steps as they got closer. Louis felt sweat pearls form on his forehead as he looked to the side. The class would start in two minutes and the classroom was already pretty crowded. He prayed that the guy sitting next to him wouldn't show up. The worst part about this chemistry class was that all the desks were two seated. Louis put the book down and took a deep breath. His desk partner hadn't shown up yet. The guy who sat next to him was tall and intimidating. He never spoke to Louis in class and when they were supposed to work in pairs they just ended up working by themselves while using the same equipment. Sometimes he'd shove Louis into a locker when he passed him in the corridors but that was about it. Not too bad.