Six: Angel on the marble staircase

The next school day passed by quickly and the night crept closer. With every second Bran got more and more anxiety for the party. He sat by his desk holding a kitchen knife. His hands were shaking, trembling and the sweat was drenching his palms. If he did it then he wouldn't have to go to the party. But if he did it then it would hurt and bleed like crazy. Maybe scissors would be better? Or garden sheers?

"It's just a toe..." Bran mumbled as he held the knife over his pinkie toe. If he cut it off then it would affect his running and he wouldn't be able to play football. "Fucking damn it..." He panted and threw the knife on the desk. Maybe if he just cut off the tip of his pinkie finger? No. It had to actually physically affect him if he wanted to get out of the party. He would definitely get Kyle back for this.

Bran stood up and walked over to his closet. Normally he wouldn't care about what he wore but he just didn't feel like taking the bullshit Kyle would give him if he came dressed like he normally did. Kyle was a typical rich kid. Both sides of his family had enough money to feed an entire country and all his parties were just a little too fancy to be considered a normal party. Kyle lived in a mansion and had staff working for his family 24/7. Guards, maids, chefs, gardeners, even a butler. The only reason Bran and Kyle knew each other was because Bran's father was Kyle's parents' boss. Even though the Begum family didn't show it much, they had even more money than Kyle's family. Bran's father's family was large and wealthy back in Lebanon while his mother came from a rich family in the south. She was raised as a princess and got everything she wanted, went to a great college and got a great job. Bran's family were filthy rich and it was something Bran was ashamed to admit. They had a yacht, 6 cars and 3 mansions if you counted the one they lived in. One mansion in Lebanon, one mansion in Hawaii and then the one they lived in. Bran thought it was ridiculous. Together in all 3 mansions worked 68 people. They were all stationed in the different mansion. Although they were paid handsomely and treated like family Bran still found it weird to have people working for him. His family didn't need the houses and they barely ever visited them except for in the winter and the summer. Lebanon in the summer and most other breaks on Hawaii.

Bran got dressed in a pair of jeans and a long-sleeved shirt that hugged his body. The shirt contoured his muscles so wearing it made him feel confident. If Kyle told him that he wasn't dressed for the occasion then he could eat ass cause with the scarf that Bran was about to put on he was about to look like a goddamn snack.

...
"You look like a fuck-boy." Was the first thing Kyle said when Bran walked through the door.

Bran rolled his eyes and gave Kyle a pat on his shoulder. "Nah you pull that look off better than I..." He mumbled and walked past him, into the house.

"You're a jerk, you know that?" Kyle said and led Bran into the kitchen where all sorts of liquor was lined up.

"Okay rich boy..." Bran mumbled. Kyle turned around and gave Bran an annoyed look.

"I'm not the one driving a Lamborghini..." Kyle said and stared Bran down.

"Oh fuck off... don't take your anger out on my car..." Bran smirked. His car was very much his favourite object ever. It was fast and beautiful and Bran loved it more than anything, even if it made him look like an asshole. The convertible was his most prized possession.

People started pouring into the mansion at around 8. Everyone from seniors to freshmen showed up at the door. Bran sat on the couch with a frown on his face. The people working at the house had gotten a paid day off as well as some extra money in advance for the upcoming mess so the mansion was empty. Kyle's parents didn't care if he drank or not. Kyle on the other hand made sure to place a few guys from the football team on alcohol guard to make sure that no one under at least sixteen drank any heavy liquor. Bran looked at the guys standing guard in the kitchen. If they had known that they'd have to work at the party then they probably wouldn't have agreed to it so Kyle hadn't told them till the last minute.