Twenty-nine: The new girl

Monday. The day of the week Louis dreaded the most. He hadn't seen Bran during the weekend which felt strange since he was always all over him. He did have a lot of football stuff going on though. Still, he wasn't used to it. They'd been dating for a while now and Bran never really left him alone unless he knew what he was doing.

Louis day in Percy's office with his arm held out. His brother was carefully cutting the stitches away, letting the threads fall to the floor after he pulled them out.

"It looks better than I thought it would considering all the times you ripped it..." Percy muttered.

"Mhmm..." Louis answered. His brother carefully placed some tape over the fragile scar tissue to hold it together and ruffled his baby brother's hair.

"Your roots are showing..." He teased. Louis threw his hands over his hair and pouted at Percy.

"I'm gonna colour it soon..." Louis murmured.

"What colour?"

"Black..."

"I guess that'd be the smartest option... need any help?"

Louis froze and dramatically shook his head. The last time Percy coloured his hair he had forgotten to bleach some parts and he ended up looking like a misunderstood zebra. Percy quickly noticed that Louis was lost in thought and chuckled deeply.

"Alright..." He snickered.

Louis left the nurse's office and headed for the cafeteria. Bran preferred it when Louis waited for him by a table inside the cafeteria before it got too crowded. That or he wanted Louis to wait for him outside. He wandered down the corridor, fidgeting with his sleeves as people whispered around him. Not much had changed after all, he was still a disgusting freak when Bran wasn't around. Just like in ancient times, most people at the school didn't seem to understand the concept of a homosexual relationship. In Ancient Rome for example, only the man who was taking it in the ass was considered gay, the guy topping was innocent and totally heterosexual just like god intended. Louis cringed at the thought.

The corridor was buzzing with noise. People were talking about the upcoming football game, colleges and a recent Dean Kelly movie. Louis flopped down in his seat. Some girls behind him were talking about some celebrities secret gay lover and Louis groaned. The girls' voices sounded sharp and poisonous as they spoke of the celebrity.

...
Brannon frustratingly kicked a stray pen across the floor in the corridor. Usually, he'd be piped up for a game but this time was different. He still hadn't asked Louis to come to the game nor offered his jersey. Bran never gave anyone his jersey for a game. Not even if he was dating anyone. He hated it when people dirtied his belongings. Thinking about how Louis had gotten his hoodie muddy that time with Kyle behind the gym just further proved that Bran couldn't comfortably lend out his clothes. Sure, he was okay with letting Louis wear his clothes but he still got uncomfortable when he dirtied them. He did look adorable in them though, so Bran bit back his annoyance.

He hadn't really spoken to Louis in the past few days. Bran had been busy with practice and he hadn't had the time to hang out with anyone other than the guys on the team. Everyone had been quiet about Louis ever since the little incident in the locker room and it pleased Bran that people obeyed him. While he did like having Louis around, he still found it somewhat embarrassing that he was a guy. No one other than him was really openly gay at the school. There were probably quite a few but none of them were as out there as Lou. Bran sighed to himself. He was the only one at the school who was dating a guy. But Bran couldn't help but smile at the thought of his boyfriend. He knew that there were many guys and girls in the school who were starting to take notice of Louis in the sense where they definitely wanted him as Bran wanted him. It was understandable. Louis was extremely beautiful with his doll-like features and big eyes. He looked like a digital painting with his red cheeks and nose, leaving a constant blush on his face. His long eyelashes that cast a faint shadow underneath his eyes and his white hair that laid smooth and perfectly on his head.